none
Keep getting suprise removal ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts:

I'm implement a driver to support digitizer interface of a composite USB device. But I noticed my driver's EvtDeviceD0Entry(..) is invoked exactly for each ten seconds. From Windows device manager, the device is enumerated for every ten sec. The usb analyzer shows command 55 53 ... (surprise removal?).

Anyone might know what is going on and what I might have missed ?

Thanks in advance.

Polaris

leo

Thursday, January 29, 2015 6:21 PM

Answers

• sounds like your device is falling off the bus repeatedly. get a USB ETW trace and see what it tells you

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, January 29, 2015 7:26 PM

All replies

• sounds like your device is falling off the bus repeatedly. get a USB ETW trace and see what it tells you

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, January 29, 2015 7:26 PM
  • Thanks. The USB Lyzer is showing surprise removal. I'd like to know what is the cause? The device works fine as a HID device with the Win 7 in-box HID driver. The constant re-enumeration happens only after my driver is installed. What I'm missing here ? 

leo

Thursday, January 29, 2015 7:46 PM
  • Is your driver a kernel-mode or user-mode driver?

If it's a user-mode driver, you might check to see if your driver is crashing and causing a surprise removal of the device.  that would probably result in the device being powered down.

Monday, February 2, 2015 10:16 PM