none
got an email saying my free credit expired and i now need to pay as i go RRS feed

• Question

• azure's rules of engagement are a little befuddling to me.  I'm only using the database feature right now for a very small amount of data.  Can someone tell me why i suddenly need to make a pay as i go decision when originally I thought I'd be spared this decision until 12 months passed?  At most I believe i've only had my tenant etc for a couple of months up till this point.
    Friday, July 12, 2019 3:34 PM

All replies

• I think it is better to create support ticket to see if there is some mistake but I have a hunch you must have forgot to delete some service which would have consumed your credit. See below to check how your credit was utilized, change filters accordingly

OOn the same page if you go down you can see monthly cost and which resource took how much credit.

If you have firther question raise ticket from Azure portal ...go to Help_support and raise ticket to get detailed invoice

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Friday, July 12, 2019 5:36 PM
  • thx, seems like a catch 22 but that detail doesnt appear to be available when still in the free subscribe mode.  I entered a support ticket.  will post their response here.
    Friday, July 12, 2019 6:09 PM
  • just got off the phone with support. 

If you dont use a credit like the one i had ($200) you lose it.  Presumably after a month.  

And pay as you go has to kick in a month after you start even if you aren't incurring any charges. 

Once i agree to pay as you go, i too will be able to see billing visualizations like shanky_621 even if my billing activity is 0.  Before someone picks pay as you go, they simply dont see any visuals in the cost management selections.   MS confirmed that if i only continue at the low volume (data and trans)  i currently have in the db, and db is the only feature I use, I wont se any charges for the next 11 months or so.

• Edited by db042190 Friday, July 12, 2019 6:44 PM credit was mentioned in title
    Friday, July 12, 2019 6:41 PM
  • i'm getting a never ending revolving circle next to the words "checking on your subscription" when trying to change over to pay as you go.  so i'm entering another support ticket.

• Edited by db042190 Friday, July 12, 2019 11:10 PM clarity
    Friday, July 12, 2019 11:02 PM
  • Hi,

I hope after the support ticket, you were able to resolve your problem.Please share the resolution which helped you. So that it can help the community if anyone else facing the same issue.

If you need more information, please let us know.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 6:57 AM
  • yes, it was resolved. If memory servers they had to set it on their end. It wasn't something I could fix myself. I'll try to locate the email and post back here.  sorry for the delay.
    Tuesday, August 13, 2019 1:11 PM
  • Hi,

Glad to hear that your issue got resolved. If you could post the resolution it would be helpful to other users as well.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 6:37 AM