Dynamic Web Form to capture all input(Required Parameter) of the selected SSRS Report RRS feed

• Question

• User-1778011532 posted

Dear All,

In an ERP Web Application, One form which would shows all the SSRS Report of the ERP Application. on User selection, I need to capture required input / Parameter of the selected report. 

Generally we create one web form for each SSRS report and capture the input on that form. This is static because everything is done before running the application. 

We also implmented another way to overcome this instead of capturing input at the webform, capture the same in the SSRS report. but user need to wait till report is getting generated. we don't want this approach. so we capture the same in the form and call ssrs with parameter but for each report we need to design seperate web form to capture the input since each report require different input.

To generate the report I am using "ReportExecutionService" class.

Kindly suggest how to read the parameter details ( Name, Type, etc) required for that report and dynamically capture the input based on this on a single form.

With Warm Regards

Palanivelrajan

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 12:12 PM

All replies

• User-734925760 posted

Hi,

According to your description, there are some parameters for the report, and those parameters are not all selected in the same time. As a user selected some parameters, we will get the report data with these parameters. According to your saying, you will display those selected parameters in the report.

If my understanding is correct, I think you do not need to generate many web form. I think you can create one web form, in this web form it will contain all the parameters. But we can hide some parameters, you can select some parameters to show in the web form. As you submit the request, we can go to check which parameters are selected, then we will get the report data with those selected parameters. If you must display those parameters in the report header, I think we should dynamically to add the parameters to the report header. So the report will be dynamically generated.

If you want to read the parameter's details, I think the simple function is to create some hidden fields to store those informaiton.

Hope it's useful for you.

Best Regards,

Michelle Ge

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:39 AM
  • User-1778011532 posted

Dear Michelle Ge,

Please understand my requirement as given below.

There are 100 rdl report and deployed in ssrs server which need to be used by the web application. In my web applcation I don't want to write 100 Aspx instead I want to have one form which shows list report stored in the SSRS. on selection of particular report the same form need to capture required input for that report and report would be generated in the background thread.

Generating report in background thread is not an issue. 

How do I dynamicall find the input parameter (filter riteria) required for a report from c# coding?

Thanks and Regards

Palanivelrajan

Sunday, March 30, 2014 3:28 AM
  • User-1412131298 posted

Dear Palanivelrajan,

did you ever find a generic solution for this problem. I was looking for the same information but haven't found anything

Thank you!

Friday, January 19, 2018 12:06 PM