none
MFC in VS17 Community; backward compatability

Question

• I know it's early days, but before I download and install VS17 I wonder if anyone can tell me whether the Community version of VS17 supports MFC.  Also, since the last version I have actively used is VS10 Pro, is there any chance I can still use project files from that  version?

Thanks!

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 3:21 PM

Answers

• Hi frank, 

I'm glad this could help you out. 

Btw, please remember to help mark an answer if it's okay for you. 

Have a good day.

Best regards, 

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 13, 2017 2:01 PM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Yes, VS2017 community support MFC, I just check it in my side:

We can open an earlier version VS project, you could refer to this page:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms185327%28v=vs.100%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Hope my reply is helpful to you.

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 09, 2017 3:20 AM
  • Hi Fletch,

Many thanks - that definitely answers my first question.  And your link makes me hopeful that the upgrade wizard can do its magic (though tbh I've not had successs upgrading from earlier versions to VS10).

Frank

Monday, March 13, 2017 11:31 AM
  • Hi frank, 

I'm glad this could help you out. 

Btw, please remember to help mark an answer if it's okay for you. 

Have a good day.

Best regards, 

Fletch

MSDN Community Support

Monday, March 13, 2017 2:01 PM