WACK failing on Background Tasks I don't have

Question

• I'm trying a new build for a WinJS-based app, and am getting new errors on the WACK test:

WinJS background task test
    Error Found: The WinJS background tasks test encountered the following errors:
    App Songza did not call close() in the background task JavaScript code found in file default.html.
    Impact if not fixed: Apps with background tasks that do not call close() can result in draining the battery.
    How to fix: Update the background task to call close(). 

However: I haven't added any new background code here. Is there something I'm missing here? The previous build passed the WACK test, and I modified things only modestly.

Other notes:

• This is an audio playback app, so I've had the Audio and Control Channel background tasks checked. However, that hasn't changed since the last (approved) build.
    • This is build is from a branch that is targeting Windows 8.0 (as opposed to our main branch that is on 8.1). This is meant to a maintenance release for users on that older version.
    • My development machine is Windows 8.1.

Any thoughts on something I've missed or another approach to take? Thanks!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 9:49 PM

Answers

• Hi Dev P,

I would firstly recommend you upgrade your WACK to the latest version(3.3 so far). Not sure if you are using the pervious WACK for your previous app.

However I'd like to know if you have imported some library or portable class library that use the background task.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 3:28 AM

All replies

• One note! I confirmed that this is something weird with the WACK, since I the version before my most recent changes still fails the WACK test.
    Tuesday, May 20, 2014 10:05 PM
  • Hi Dev P,

I would firstly recommend you upgrade your WACK to the latest version(3.3 so far). Not sure if you are using the pervious WACK for your previous app.

However I'd like to know if you have imported some library or portable class library that use the background task.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 3:28 AM