Indian Rupee symbol in SSRS reports. RRS feed

• Question

• How to implement Indian Rupee symbol instead of Dollar symbol in SSRS reports.

Vijay

Monday, July 9, 2012 6:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• Right click the cell > Textbox Properties > Number > Currency > and choose your symbol.

Make sure the field is number, to convert it to number:

=cint(Field!NonNumberField.Value)

• Edited by irusul Monday, July 9, 2012 6:13 AM
    Monday, July 9, 2012 6:12 AM
  • Thanks much for the reply, but i didnt find Indian Rupee symbol in the symbol drop down list. Then how to add rupee symbol for the numeric values?

Vijay

Monday, July 9, 2012 6:31 AM
  • Hi There

Thanks for your posting. I don’t think you can refresh sub report embedded inside main report without refreshing main report. I would suggest you please use drill through report instead

Hi There

Thanks for your posting. Please go to your textbox properties and put format like this

'Rs.'0.00;'Rs.'0.00-

'Rs.'0.00;'Rs.'0.00-

I hope this will help

Many thanks

Syed Qazafi Anjum

Please click "Mark as Answer" if this resolves your problem or "Vote as Helpful" if you find it helpful.

If you are using SSRS 2008 You can make use of the Textbox properties (Number). please select symbol from the dropdown.

Monday, July 9, 2012 8:09 AM
  • As suggested by Syed you can use the "Rs." letters.

Or you can format the cell in your way. Ex:

1. Remove any formatting (undo anything set before)
    2. Right click and choose expression. Set the expression:
    ="र " & cstr(Fields!Price.Value)

Monday, July 9, 2012 1:37 PM
  • Thanks for both,

But in the text prop->currency  i dont find "Rs" or Ruppe symbol,  I have "INR" in symbol drop down. How to add "र " symbol in the drop down.

Vijay

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 5:57 AM
  • Hi Vijay,

The latest symbol of rupee is not there in list, but see you can work with older symbol of rupee.

I have also created this connect item, as I also needed this newer symbol in past but not added this to conncet

http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/752870/rupee-symbol-in-currency-symbol

- Chintak (My Blog)

• Marked as answer by Mike Yin Wednesday, July 18, 2012 1:28 AM
    Tuesday, July 10, 2012 6:07 AM