none
WFP Filter WHCK Test WindowsFilteringPlatform_Tests RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I do have a WFP filter and I am currently running the WindowsFilteringPlatform_Tests against it. There are many sub tests in this test and all go green except one test. But I can't see why ... there's no wtl file to help me figure out what I have to change in my filter to get the test pass.

How to get more test Details?

Thanks

Frank

Friday, November 16, 2012 11:12 AM

Answers

• The logs for the tests can be found on the DUT's %WinDir%\System32 directory.  The PowerManaged test you mention is %WinDir%\System32\Filter.Driver.WindowsFilteringPlatform.ArchitecturalDesign.SupportPowerManagedStates.NTLog.  You can email me this log (DHarper @AT@ Microsoft .DOT. com) and I can assist you further.

Thanks,

Dusty Harper [MSFT]
    Microsoft Corporation
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights

• Marked as answer by smilish Friday, November 30, 2012 9:48 AM
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:09 PM

All replies

• Hard to say --which specific Task/Test case is this failing on?  When you expand the result, what test case(s) show a fail?  Also there may be an errata filter for this test -- if you haven't done so, try downloading and installing them and apply the filter to your Project.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:08 AM
  • Thank you. I do have the latest filters installed.

The sub-test that fails is "WFP based products must ensure Network connectivity upon recovering from power managed states".

Running the whole WFP test, I can see that "WFPLogo.exe" running on the client throws a lot of information. But in some situations this is only visible for a split of a second.

It would be nice if this info would appear in HCK Studio after the test.

Monday, November 19, 2012 9:06 AM
  • The logs for the tests can be found on the DUT's %WinDir%\System32 directory.  The PowerManaged test you mention is %WinDir%\System32\Filter.Driver.WindowsFilteringPlatform.ArchitecturalDesign.SupportPowerManagedStates.NTLog.  You can email me this log (DHarper @AT@ Microsoft .DOT. com) and I can assist you further.

Thanks,

Dusty Harper [MSFT]
    Microsoft Corporation
    This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights

• Marked as answer by smilish Friday, November 30, 2012 9:48 AM
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:09 PM