none
How can i merge the multiple App_Web dll into one dll while deploy/publish? RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

How can i merge the multiple web dll into one dll it means:

when we deploy/publish the website we will get multiple web dll's for web.UI in publish folder.

can we merge the those multiple web dll's into one web.UI dll.

For eg:
    while publishing am getting below dlls.
    App_Web_3xjtmud1.dll
    App_Web_sv-8wj6i.dll
    hem.HR.CoreLibrary.dll
    hem.HR.Helpers.dll

Now i want only one dll instead of multiple dlls for web.UI to test the fxcop.
    Is there any tool to do this.

one more thing am using Nant for build and deploy the project if there is any solution in Nant that is more helpfull for me.
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 1:25 PM

Answers

• Hi HemDeep,

Since your issue is related to ASP.NET, you could post your thread on ASP.NET Forum to get more help.

Thanks
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, March 13, 2009 3:23 AM
    Friday, March 13, 2009 3:23 AM

All replies

• I think you can use aspnet_merge.exe to create one precompiled assembly.  However updates are going to be somewhat of an issue.

If you have the source code to all the .dll's you can combine the code into one.

Look into aspnet_merge.exe it may do what you need.  Just understand some of the downsides.

Ryan
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 3:03 PM
  • Hi HemDeep,

Since your issue is related to ASP.NET, you could post your thread on ASP.NET Forum to get more help.

Thanks
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, March 13, 2009 3:23 AM
    Friday, March 13, 2009 3:23 AM
  • Hi,

I got solution in nant ,am used below task to execute aspnet_merge.exe ,
    And Its executing aspnet_merge.exe and combinig all dll into one dll for an website.

<exec program="C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\aspnet_merge.exe"   commandline="C:\Main\PrecompiledWeb\MainWeb"/>

Earlier am getting below dlls after building.

App_Web_3xjtmud1.dll
    App_Web_sv-8wj6i.dll.....

Now am getting the dll on module wise ,

App_Web_Admin_3xjtmud1.dll
    App_Web_User_3xjtmud1.dll

It means aspnet_merge.exe create separate assemblies for each folder containing Web UI content.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 1:32 PM