none
Cannot edit "App registration" API Access "Required permissions" using new Azure management portal

Question

• Hi there!

I have an Azure ActiveDirectory account through my work's Office365 subscription, of which I am a Global Admin. I've been trying to edit the "Required permissions" for an Azure ActiveDirectory app which I am creating in order to develop an application using Office365 OAuth2. I've been using the guide found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/active-directory-integrating-applications

Everything works fine until I get to the "Required permissions" section. When I try to select an API to add as a required permission, I get a sad rain cloud image with the text "SelectResourceAccessPart" and "MICROSOFT_AAD_IAM". I am unable to add any permissions.

However, when I go to the old management portal at manage dot windowsazure dot com, I am able to edit the permissions just fine and they also appear in the new portal—but I still cannot edit them from the new portal!

This seems like a bug in the new management portal.

I have a screenshot of the sad rain cloud in the new portal, but cannot post it or a link to it as my MSDN account is not verified.

Monday, March 20, 2017 10:50 PM

All replies

• Same here. However, I managed to assign permissions using the old Azure portal.

https://manage.windowsazure.com

Regards,

Alex

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 9:32 AM
  • Also the same, only i don't have admin privi's in order to access classic portal, need another work around
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 11:28 AM
  • I have also had this issue since Friday and is preventing me from deploying a solution for a client. Are Microsoft aware of this issue and addressing it?

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 10:27 AM
  • Hi,

Had the same error, resolved mine by adding the appropriate subscription to my account.

Best Regards

Herc

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 1:54 PM
  • Hi Herc,

Please can you elaborate on this? What subscription did you require to add?

Thanks

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 3:47 PM
  • can you please ellaborate what permissions
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 11:32 PM