always error BC30560 on deployment RRS feed

• Question

• User-518842114 posted

I have a simple web project with one page index.asp but whenever i do a deployment build and run on the server i get

Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'index_aspx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'.

this has to be something obvious but i dont see it

thanks

kevin

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 7:25 PM

All replies

• User-1827453801 posted

Web deployment projects don't work so well when you use ASP.Net 2.0 style 'web projects'.

Simply put if you compile your app into a single assembly and any of your classes are the same you will get ambiguous reference errors. You can either specify unique names for all the classes or specify (different) namespaces for them.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 7:59 PM
  • User-518842114 posted

ok thanks...

I have changed all the namespaces and still get the same error, i wouldnt mind but i only have one page and no code at all... .

kevin 

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 6:22 AM
  • User1839833660 posted

Hi change ur indes_aspx to something like index ...i mean change it to index.aspx

it's ambiguous because of  _aspx as .aspx is the extension of asp.NET pages 

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 6:31 AM
  • User-518842114 posted

i havent got anything called index_aspx ...

there is one simple page called index.aspx with its code behind file

kevin

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 6:52 AM
  • User-518842114 posted

THis is something to do with opting to turn off "Allow this precompiled site to be updateable "

Thursday, December 18, 2008 12:37 PM
  • User-518842114 posted

[:(]

is there no answer to this... i still hae the probelm.. i am using updateable but want to turn that off

thanks

Sunday, March 1, 2009 7:57 AM
  • User-762694769 posted

If you start with a new web site (File -> New Web site in Visual Studio), and do a "deployment build", do you get the error?

<quote>

there is one simple page called index.aspx with its code behind file

</quote> 

Could you provide the code that you have in index.aspx and the code behind file? What is the file name of the code behind file?

Also, what exactly do you mean by "deployment build"?

Monday, March 2, 2009 11:40 AM
  • User-518842114 posted

i do a new web application with one page indx.aspx ... i dont edit anything

add a web deployment project, change the updateable flag ... and hey presto error on the server

Server Error in '/' Application.

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'index_aspx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6aeb2b0c\fcd2c2a3\App_Web_index.aspx.cdcab7d2.qcbfupsu.0.vb    Line: 46

Compiler Warning Messages:
    Warning: BC42104: Variable '__parser' is used before it has been assigned a value. A null reference exception could result at runtime.
    Source Error:

Line 1:  This is a marker file generated by the precompilation tool, and should not be deleted!

Show Detailed Compiler Output:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\inetsrv> "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\vbc.exe" /t:library /utf8output /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Data.DataSetExtensions\3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll" /R:"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6aeb2b0c\fcd2c2a3\assembly\dl3\99e526f9\06dd1d64_849bc901\Telerik.Web.UI.DLL" /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll" /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll" /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Runtime.Serialization\3.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Runtime.Serialization.dll" /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\System.Web\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Web.dll" /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Services\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Web.Services.dll" /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing.Design\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.Design.dll" /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll" /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Design\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Design.dll" /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Mobile\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Web.Mobile.dll" /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll" /R:"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6aeb2b0c\fcd2c2a3\assembly\dl3\13692e6b\eebdf9ab_839bc901\obout_Show_Net.DLL" /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.IdentityModel\3.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.IdentityModel.dll" /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\System.Data\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Data.dll" /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll" /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\System.EnterpriseServices\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.EnterpriseServices.dll" /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.WorkflowServices\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.WorkflowServices.dll" /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll" /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml.Linq\3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.Linq.dll" /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll" /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.ServiceModel\3.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.ServiceModel.dll" /R:"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6aeb2b0c\fcd2c2a3\assembly\dl3\5714ab0a\5ab2aff3_389cc901\thebayfiley.com.DLL" /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.ServiceModel.Web\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.ServiceModel.Web.dll" /out:"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6aeb2b0c\fcd2c2a3\App_Web_index.aspx.cdcab7d2.qcbfupsu.dll" /debug- /define:_MYTYPE=\"Web\" /imports:Microsoft.VisualBasic,System,System.Collections,System.Collections.Specialized,System.Configuration,System.Text,System.Text.RegularExpressions,System.Web,System.Web.Caching,System.Web.SessionState,System.Web.Security,System.Web.Profile,System.Web.UI,System.Web.UI.WebControls,System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts,System.Web.UI.HtmlControls  "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6aeb2b0c\fcd2c2a3\App_Web_index.aspx.cdcab7d2.qcbfupsu.0.vb" "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6aeb2b0c\fcd2c2a3\App_Web_index.aspx.cdcab7d2.qcbfupsu.1.vb"

Microsoft (R) Visual Basic Compiler version 8.0.50727.3053
    for Microsoft (R) .NET Framework version 2.0.50727.3053
    Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6aeb2b0c\fcd2c2a3\App_Web_index.aspx.cdcab7d2.qcbfupsu.0.vb(46) : error BC30560: 'index_aspx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'.

If (Global.ASP.index_aspx.__initialized = false) Then
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                            
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6aeb2b0c\fcd2c2a3\App_Web_index.aspx.cdcab7d2.qcbfupsu.0.vb(46) : error BC30007: Reference required to assembly 'thebayfiley, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' containing the base class 'thebayfiley._sindex'. Add one to your project.

If (Global.ASP.index_aspx.__initialized = false) Then
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                            
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6aeb2b0c\fcd2c2a3\App_Web_index.aspx.cdcab7d2.qcbfupsu.0.vb(49) : error BC30560: 'index_aspx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'.

Global.ASP.index_aspx.__fileDependencies = Me.GetWrappedFileDependencies(dependencies)
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                                                 
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6aeb2b0c\fcd2c2a3\App_Web_index.aspx.cdcab7d2.qcbfupsu.0.vb(49) : error BC30007: Reference required to assembly 'thebayfiley, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' containing the base class 'thebayfiley._sindex'. Add one to your project.

Global.ASP.index_aspx.__fileDependencies = Me.GetWrappedFileDependencies(dependencies)
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                                                 
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6aeb2b0c\fcd2c2a3\App_Web_index.aspx.cdcab7d2.qcbfupsu.0.vb(50) : error BC30560: 'index_aspx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'.

Global.ASP.index_aspx.__initialized = true
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                     
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6aeb2b0c\fcd2c2a3\App_Web_index.aspx.cdcab7d2.qcbfupsu.0.vb(50) : error BC30007: Reference required to assembly 'thebayfiley, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' containing the base class 'thebayfiley._sindex'. Add one to your project.

Global.ASP.index_aspx.__initialized = true
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                     
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6aeb2b0c\fcd2c2a3\App_Web_index.aspx.cdcab7d2.qcbfupsu.0.vb(73) : error BC30560: 'index_aspx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'.

Private Sub __BuildControlTree(ByVal __ctrl As index_aspx)
                                                           ~~~~~~~~~~ 
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6aeb2b0c\fcd2c2a3\App_Web_index.aspx.cdcab7d2.qcbfupsu.0.vb(92) : error BC30560: 'index_aspx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'.

Me.AddWrappedFileDependencies(Global.ASP.index_aspx.__fileDependencies)
                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                    
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6aeb2b0c\fcd2c2a3\App_Web_index.aspx.cdcab7d2.qcbfupsu.0.vb(92) : error BC30007: Reference required to assembly 'thebayfiley, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' containing the base class 'thebayfiley._sindex'. Add one to your project.

Me.AddWrappedFileDependencies(Global.ASP.index_aspx.__fileDependencies)
                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                    
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6aeb2b0c\fcd2c2a3\App_Web_index.aspx.cdcab7d2.qcbfupsu.1.vb(31) : error BC30560: 'index_aspx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'.

Return New ASP.index_aspx
                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6aeb2b0c\fcd2c2a3\App_Web_index.aspx.cdcab7d2.qcbfupsu.1.vb(31) : error BC30007: Reference required to assembly 'thebayfiley, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' containing the base class 'thebayfiley._sindex'. Add one to your project.

Return New ASP.index_aspx
                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    D:\Vhosts\new.thebayfiley.com\httpdocs\index.aspx(1) : warning BC42104: Variable '__parser' is used before it has been assigned a value. A null reference exception could result at runtime.

__parser.AddParsedSubObject(New System.Web.UI.LiteralControl("This is a marker file generated by the precompilation tool, and should not be del"& _ 
                ~~~~~~~~                                                                                                                                            

<script type=text/javascript> function OnToggleTOCLevel1(level2ID) { var elemLevel2 = document.getElementById(level2ID); if (elemLevel2.style.display == 'none') { elemLevel2.style.display = ''; } else { elemLevel2.style.display = 'none'; } } </script>

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053 <!-- [HttpCompileException]: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6aeb2b0c\fcd2c2a3\App_Web_index.aspx.cdcab7d2.qcbfupsu.0.vb(46): error BC30560: 'index_aspx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'. at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.Compile() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String virtualPath, String path) at System.Web.HttpApplication.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) --><!-- This error page might contain sensitive information because ASP.NET is configured to show verbose error messages using <customErrors mode="Off"/>. Consider using <customErrors mode="On"/> or <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/> in production environments.-->

thanks

kevin

Tuesday, March 3, 2009 2:53 PM
  • User-762694769 posted

The default page in VS is default.aspx, not index.aspx. So it seems index.aspx contains your code, and it is your code that is causing the error?

What does "Show Detailed Compiler Output" say? It might provide a stack trace and more information.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009 3:33 PM
  • User-518842114 posted

i just added a page and named it index.aspx .. there is no code in the code behind file.. i can get the same error with default.aspx

i will do a new one and add the compiler output to this trail ..

thanks

Tuesday, March 3, 2009 3:40 PM
  • User-762694769 posted

It will be helpful for you to provide the detailed errors, as they might provide more information and help with identifying the problem.

I just tried the following steps, and did not get any errors. If you could provide the EXACT steps you used to get your error so that anyone else with VS2008 can reproduce the error, that might help in identifying whether you missed something or not.

1. Start VS2008.

2. File -> New Web Site.

3. Choose .NET Framework 2.0, "Empty Web Site", location:"File System", "E:\bugs\website8"

4. In solution explorer, right click on the web site, select "Add New Item"

5. Select "Web Form". Change the name to "index.aspx". UN-check "Place code in separate file". Click "Add".

6. Right click on the web site, select "Add Web Deployment Project".

Name: WebSite8_deploy. Location: e:\bugs\WebSite8_deploy

7. Right click on the Web Deployment Project, select "Property Pages".

8. Under "Compilation", UN-check "Allow this precompiled site to be updatable". Click OK.

9. Right click on the Web Deployment Project, select "Build".

The precompiled web site is now at: e:\bugs\WebSite8_deploy\WebSite8_deploy\Debug\

10. Start IIS Manager. Create a new virtual application named "Website8", pointing to "e:\bugs\WebSite8_deploy\WebSite8_deploy\Debug\"

11. Start IE. Browse to http://localhost/Website8/Index.aspx

No errors when browsing. I repeated the steps on another computer, with the same results: no errors. So it would be great if you could provide the actual steps you used.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009 4:14 PM
  • User-518842114 posted

i wil step thro it this evening (UK) the obvious first difference is i am starting off with a web project File -> New Project,

ASP.Net Web Application -> OK

kevin 

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 3:24 AM
  • User-762694769 posted

If you could post your actual steps in detail, that would be great.
    I tried using a default WAP (which has a Default.aspx _and_ code behind), and did not get errors. Here are the steps for your reference. I will make a separate post in a short while for using an index.aspx _without_ code behind.
    1. Start VS2008.
    2. File -> New Project
    3. Choose .NET Framework 2.0, "ASP.NET Web Application", Name: WebApplication3, Location: e:\bugs. UN-check "Create directory for solution". Click OK.
    4. In solution explorer, right click on web application project, select "Add Web Deployment Project".
    Name: WebApplication3.csproj_deploy. Location: e:\bugs\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy
    5. Right click on the Web Deployment Project, select "Property Pages".
    6. Under "Compilation", UN-check "Allow this precompiled site to be updatable". Click OK.
    7. Right click on the Web Deployment Project, select "Build".
    8. The precompiled web site is now at:
    e:\bugs\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\Debug\
    9. Start IIS Manager. Create a new virtual application named "WebApplication3", pointing to
    e:\bugs\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\Debug\
    10. Start IE. Browse to http://localhost/webapplication3/default.aspx
    No errors.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 12:14 PM
  • User-762694769 posted

Here are steps for using a WAP with a page that has _NO_ code behind. Note that by default WAP already has a default.aspx page with default.aspx.cs and .designer.cs, so I deleted them. Also when you add a new web form, by default, it _has_ a code behind. What I did is to add a *html page* and name it to index.aspx and add some ASP.NET code.

1. Start VS2008.
    2. File -> New Project
    3. Choose .NET Framework 2.0, "ASP.NET Web Application", Name: WebApplication4, Location: e:\bugs. UN-check "Create directory for solution". Click OK.
    4. In solution explorer, select default.aspx and delete it.
    5.  Right click on the web application project, select Add -> New Item. Select “Html Page”. Name: index.aspx
    6. Add the following to the top of the index.aspx page:
    <%@ Page Language="C#" %>
    7.  Between <body> in the page, add the following and save the page:
    <% Response.Write("This works!"); %>
    8. In solution explorer, right click on web application project, select "Add Web Deployment Project".
    Name: WebApplication4.csproj_deploy. Location: e:\bugs\WebApplication4.csproj_deploy
    9. Right click on the Web Deployment Project, select "Property Pages".
    10. Under "Compilation", UN-check "Allow this precompiled site to be updatable". Click OK.
    11. Right click on the Web Deployment Project, select "Build".
    12. The precompiled web site is now at:
    e:\bugs\WebApplication4.csproj_deploy\WebApplication4.csproj_deploy\Debug\
    13. Start IIS Manager. Create a new virtual application named "WebApplication4", pointing to
    e:\bugs\WebApplication4.csproj_deploy\WebApplication4.csproj_deploy\Debug\
    14. Start IE. Browse to http://localhost/webapplication4/index.aspx

No errors. Output shows “This works!”.

Perhaps you are using some other similar steps, so it would be great if you could post your exact steps in detail so people can see if you are missing something.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 12:16 PM
  • User-518842114 posted

1. Start VS2008

2. File -> New Project

3. Net FrameWork 3.5 Asp.net Web Application WEb Application1 Loction Projects

4. Right Click Web Application select "Add Web Deployment Project" Name WebApplication1.csproj_deploy

5. Right click choose property pages

6 Choose Release Configuration

7. Under "Compilation", UN-check "Allow this precompiled site to be updatable". Click OK.

8. Right Click Web Deployment Project and Build

9. Copy Files to Hosted Server. Default.aspx into root and 3 files into bin .compiled and .dll

run and error see www.abdiem.com/default.aspx

kmv 

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 6:19 PM
  • User-762694769 posted

Regarding this step:

9. Copy Files to Hosted Server. Default.aspx into root and 3 files into bin .compiled and .dll

Did you also copy the two files precompiledApp.Config and web.config, which are also in the output folder?

The file precompiledApp.Config is necessary to tell ASP.NET that this web site has already been precompiled for deployment.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 6:52 PM
  • User-518842114 posted

sorry... yes

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 6:59 PM
  • User-762694769 posted

Could you try copying ALL the files in the output folder to the server? Please also list the contents of the output folder.

I tried your steps, and copied ALL files in step 9, but did not get error. If I omit precompiledApp.config, then I get the same error as you did. I suspect you are missing some files so you could try copying ALL files first to see if it even works.

Here are the files in my output folder. Note that if I omit the "obj" folder, the .csproj and .csproj.user, site still works on the server.

e:\bugs\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\Release\bin
    e:\bugs\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\Release\Default.aspx
    e:\bugs\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\Release\obj
    e:\bugs\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\Release\PrecompiledApp.config
    e:\bugs\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\Release\web.config
    e:\bugs\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\Release\WebApplication3.csproj
    e:\bugs\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\Release\WebApplication3.csproj.user
    e:\bugs\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\Release\WebApplication3.sln
    e:\bugs\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\Release\bin\WebApplication3.dll
    e:\bugs\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\Release\bin\WebApplication3.pdb
    e:\bugs\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\Release\obj\Debug
    e:\bugs\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\Release\obj\Release
    e:\bugs\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\Release\obj\Debug\WebApplication3.csproj.FileListAbsolute.txt
    e:\bugs\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\Release\obj\Debug\WebApplication3.dll
    e:\bugs\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\Release\obj\Debug\WebApplication3.pdb
    e:\bugs\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\Release\obj\Release\WebApplication3.csproj.FileListAbsolute.txt
    e:\bugs\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\Release\obj\Release\WebApplication3.dll
    e:\bugs\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\WebApplication3.csproj_deploy\Release\obj\Release\WebApplication3.pdb

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 7:22 PM
  • User-518842114 posted

now i dont understand this ...

i copied all the files to the server, debug, obj everything and it starts working , ten i re remove all the not required files and its still working , just for fun i remove the precompiledapp.config and still it works

thanks

kevin

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 7:46 PM
  • User-762694769 posted

It could be working because the application domain has already been initialized before you removed the file, so it continues to work thereafter.

You can try reseting iis by running "iisreset". Another way to restart the application domain is to touch web.config (open and save it to modify its timestamp).

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 8:21 PM
  • User-518842114 posted

thanks for all this...

after trial and error and replacing different files, it is the web.config that causes the error !!

regards

kevin

Thursday, March 5, 2009 4:58 AM
  • User-762694769 posted

Could you please clarify by what you mean by "it is the web.config that causes the error"?

Do you mean you forgot to copy over web.config?

Thursday, March 5, 2009 10:57 AM
  • User-518842114 posted

no there was an web.config (with host comapny entries ) and the ftp didnt over write it ... this was actually the same on two different hosted servers i tried this on .. i got the same error on both servers 

forcing the overwrite is what fixed the error .. i now intend to see what in the web.config is causing the error because the existing one is almost std with just a couple of host edits that i can see..

Thursday, March 5, 2009 11:43 AM
  • User-762694769 posted

Tthanks for the clarification and also providing the missing detail that problem is likely caused not using the standard web.config that comes with VS projects but perhaps with using something that contains edits from the host company.

Thursday, March 5, 2009 12:57 PM