Web Services to EF RRS feed

• Question

• I have an EntityModel that I created in Visual Studio 2008.  I created a WebService using the ADO.NET Data Services.   Everything works fine.

I added a second WebService using ADO.NET Data Services and I started getting the following errors:

DataService is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Data.Services'

IDataServiceConfiguration is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Data.Services'

EntitySetRights is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Data.Services'

I then deleted the 2nd webservice and the errors remain.

Can I add a 2nd WebService in the same solution?

Why did I starting getting the ambiguous errors once I added the 2nd webservice?

If the 2nd webservice created the errors, why when I removed them the errors remained?

Thank you,

William Apken

Friday, December 4, 2009 7:24 PM

All replies

• I have an EntityModel that I created in Visual Studio 2008.  I created a WebService using the ADO.NET Data Services.   Everything works fine.

I added a second WebService using ADO.NET Data Services and I started getting the following errors:

DataService is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Data.Services'

IDataServiceConfiguration is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Data.Services'

EntitySetRights is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Data.Services'

I then deleted the 2nd webservice and the errors remain.

Can I add a 2nd WebService in the same solution?

Why did I starting getting the ambiguous errors once I added the 2nd webservice?

If the 2nd webservice created the errors, why when I removed them the errors remained?

Thank you,

William Apken

• Merged by Riquel_Dong Tuesday, December 8, 2009 10:31 AM the duplicate thread
    Friday, December 4, 2009 7:00 PM