none
Provisioning fails (Driver development for Windows IoT) with time out RRS feed

• Question

• Dear sirs

If this message should be posted in a different forum instead, do kindly let me know.

I tried to follow the instructions provision of a computer for driver deployment and testing (Target=raspberry-pi-2-b, host=laptop PC/Win10), but the provisioning fails (time out error 10060). I followed the instructions listed in https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn745909%28v=vs.85%29.aspx with a few modifications:

- I skipped the instructions that require accessing e.g. the control panel of the target computer. I simply could not find the control panel on the raspberry pi.
    - I could not find a procedure to install the Windows Debug Policy. I've just assumed it is already installed.

In desperation, I also modified the default firewall rules (as explained in https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh698272%28v=vs.85%29.aspx#notes_for_arm_target_computers):

sc.exe config lanmanserver start=auto sc.exe start lanmanserver netsh.exe advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=Yes

But that did not help.
    I tried connecting the raspberry directly to the computer (i.e. neither router nor switch), but the result was the same.

It surprises to me that if, instead of developing/deploying a driver, I try to develop and deploy a Universal Windows app, the communication to the raspberry  works perfectly. I do not understand why the provisioning for an app works, and the provisioning for a driver times out. At all times "Windows IoT Core Watcher" correctly found the Raspberry Pi 2 B

I'm stuck on this since a couple of days. Any piece of advice will be fully appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
    Pablo

• Moved by Jiayi Li Monday, November 2, 2015 7:03 AM
    Friday, October 30, 2015 3:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Pablo Stickar,

This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Your issue would be related to driver development, I help you move this case to Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development forum for dedicated support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 2, 2015 7:02 AM