ReportingServices2005.Execution error RRS feed

• Question

• User1510859543 posted

I am using VS 2017 and was trying to use a function from a website created in VS 2010.  I tried to add the following Imports statement at the top of a class and am getting an error "Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.Internal.Soap.ReportingServices2005.Execution' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found...."

How can I use this process in the new website that is on the same IIS and using the same SQL 2012 Server?

Imports Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.Internal.Soap.ReportingServices2005.Execution

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 8:33 PM

Answers

• User1510859543 posted

Found it.

Had to add a reference for Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms to the project.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, August 24, 2017 1:53 PM

All replies

• User347430248 posted

Hi dlchase,

are you trying to refer function from source project or complied project hosted on IIS.

I suggest you to create a DLL of that function and then try to add reference to that DLL.

in that way you can able to reference it to multiple projects.

follow the steps below:

1. open the Visual Studio and select "File" -> "New" -> "Project..." -> "Class Library".
    2. click on the "Ok" button. The Solution Explorer contains C# classes (class.cs) in your project
    3. Add the code.
    4. build this project. After building this project, you will see ClassLibrary1.dll in your project's bin/debug directory
    5. open the Visual Studio again and select "File" -> "New" -> "Project..." -> "ASP.NET web application"
    6. add the reference of the preceding created DLL. To add a reference right-click on the project then seelct "Add Reference".
    7. browse to the ClassLibrary1.dll file and add it to the application.
    8. Use the procedure to call the properties of your component.
    9. Add a using statement (as in the following) for ClassliberaryDemo to the beginning of your project.

to get detailed steps with pictures , please refer link below.

Creating DLL (Class Library) in .NET Framework

How to: Create and Use C# DLLs (C# Programming Guide)

Regards

Deepak

Thursday, August 24, 2017 5:46 AM
  • User1510859543 posted

Source project.  What "function" are you referring to?  I am getting errors on the Imports line at the top of the class.  This is a SSRS library.  As I mentioned, it works fine in a VS 2010 website on the same exact PC and IIS server and not sure why it does not work in VS 2017 website.

Thursday, August 24, 2017 1:11 PM
  • User1510859543 posted

Found it.

Had to add a reference for Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms to the project.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, August 24, 2017 1:53 PM