none
X12-820 RRS feed

• Question

• I am completly new to EDI ...I have an EDI file..i have converted that to xml file.Now depending on the xml files i need to create the table in the SQL server...After that Biztalk should take the XML data and put into the required table...

Can anyone suggest for how to create the column depending on the xml and how to map.....

I m using X12-820 EDI...

• Edited by sriaug Thursday, September 8, 2011 8:41 PM
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 8:39 PM

Answers

• No worries....

1) Create the table in the Database.

Example name of DB = abc, name of table = def, columns = a,b,c,d

2) Create the Schema as below:

3)Add a,b,c,d in same order as field elements under def.

4)Map you EDI file to the schema created.

5)Use an orchestration to transform the msg and then create a send-rcv two way port.

6)Deploy it and create a SQL adapter and give in the credentials for the adater.

7)Configure the Orchestration.

8)Run the process.

here your table name def acts like a prmoted property and inserts the data into the table....

let me know if you have any issues in inserting the data.....

Thanks,

Sree La

Thanks, Sree La
    • Proposed as answer by sree la Friday, September 9, 2011 4:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by sriaug Friday, September 9, 2011 8:26 PM
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 10:43 PM

All replies

• Saurabh,

Are you trying to create a table in the sql database from BizTalk. then every time you run the process then a new table should be created is that you want?

According to what I understand from your question. If you want to Create, update, delete or insert you have to wirte a stored procedure which does that function and then from BizTalk access the Stored Procedure so that you have your result in database....

Thanks,

Sree La

Thanks, Sree La
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 9:25 PM
  • No i dont want to create a table from biztalk...i just want to load the data from the biztalk...table will be created using SQL server.......I need to know the column of the table frm the xml msg (that i got from the client) so that i will create the table from the sql server and also the mapping between the two schema ...1 schema is standard X12-820 schema other one is msg schema
    • Edited by sriaug Thursday, September 8, 2011 9:39 PM
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 9:38 PM
  • Are you working on inbound or outbound job.

Let me know what you want. Acc to what I understand

1) You have an EDI file.

You said: "I need to know the column of the table frm the xml msg"  So you are converting the EDI File to XML Message and then you are trying to find a column name from the XML Message Or do u want to insert the data into the Table from XML Message....

I can let you know about this once i have a clear picture of what you are doing....

Thanks,

Sree La

Thanks, Sree La
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 9:53 PM
  • Yes i have EDiI file that i have converted into xml using EDI reciver Pipeline.....Now i want to dump the XML message  data into the sql server table using SQL adapter(in the send port) or WCF-SQl adapter............

But i have to create the table also in sql server so that XML msg will dump the data into that table..............But i m nt able to find the attribute of the table from the XML message(For X12-820 Schema)...as this is complete new to me....

Thnks,

Saurabh

• Edited by sriaug Thursday, September 8, 2011 10:25 PM
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 10:19 PM
  • No worries....

1) Create the table in the Database.

Example name of DB = abc, name of table = def, columns = a,b,c,d

2) Create the Schema as below:

3)Add a,b,c,d in same order as field elements under def.

4)Map you EDI file to the schema created.

5)Use an orchestration to transform the msg and then create a send-rcv two way port.

6)Deploy it and create a SQL adapter and give in the credentials for the adater.

7)Configure the Orchestration.

8)Run the process.

here your table name def acts like a prmoted property and inserts the data into the table....

let me know if you have any issues in inserting the data.....

Thanks,

Sree La

Thanks, Sree La
    • Proposed as answer by sree la Friday, September 9, 2011 4:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by sriaug Friday, September 9, 2011 8:26 PM
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 10:43 PM
  • Thanks
    Friday, September 9, 2011 8:26 PM