Azure Portal subscription for Data Factory RRS feed

• Question

• Myself Maru, I am new to Power BI; with help of little notes available on this forum able to Configure Power BI Gateway Successfully and also created SQL data sources without any issues but i am not sure where can i get key for Data Management Gateway. Once click on Microsoft Data Management Gateway Configuration manager and entered key used to configure Power Bi Gateway but throws below error message.

" The gateway has encountered an error during registration".

Event log file displays error messages as -
    Can't find assembly System.IdentityModel.Tokens.Jwt, Version=4.0.20622.1351, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 for unknown source.

Please let me know how to proceed further. Thanks in advance.

Received response for above post and need below confirmation to activate subscription. Please let me know if need more information.

I login to Azure Portal but it looks like need to activate subscription to create Data Factory . Is it mandatory that i need to activate my subscription to enable cloud services and configure data management gateway services . Please confirm me so that i do my research by taking trial subscription and request my client for future subscription once after successful validation with my trial subscription. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Maru

Monday, November 28, 2016 5:47 AM

All replies

• I'm afraid that Power BI Gateway and Data Management Gateway are two different clients, thus key can't be shared between them.

I think you need activate your subscription to create a Data Factory (DF), in where you will find Create DMG (Data Management Gateway) blade that generates a DMG key.

Monday, November 28, 2016 7:34 AM
  • Thank you Keynes Yang.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 12:12 AM