none
Attachments in Meeting Item RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a Outlook 2010 addin where I am prefixing some data to a new meeting request.

Say, when someone creates a new meeting Request with some text and attachment (that is, attachment first and then below that the body text), I update the meeting request body by prefixing some data. This is done on Send_Item event. So the new meetingitem body should look like New Text then the Attachment and then the Old text.

On clicking the send button everything is correct just that the attachment is not at the correct position (that is, in between the New prefixed text and the old text) instead it goes to the end of the meeting body. This is because I use RichTextBox control to append the new text and then append the meeting.RtfBody. This gets the attachment to the end of the body. I am not sure how to load attachment to the richtextbox.

How can I maintain the position of the attachment? Is there a way that RichTextBox can load the existing attachment and then the original text of the body so that the position of the attachment remains at the same place?

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:14 PM

Answers

• That's what the Attachment.Position property is for.  I doubt any Rich Text controls would be able to render an inserted Outlook attachment though - you'd have to stick with the default body control in your custom form or the AppointmentItem.Body property.

Eric Legault MVP (Outlook)
    About me...
    Outlook Appins: Store Social Media fields in your Outlook Contacts!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 3:18 PM