What's the better choice? RRS feed

• Question

• User-1717790278 posted

Friends,

When I want to use AJAX with AJAX TOOLKIT I can find 2 templates: AJAX Enabled ASP.NET and AJAX Toolkit.

1) What's the better choice?

2) What's the diference between in the both templates?

3) Can I use the componentes of AJAX Toolkit in the AJAX Enabled ASP.net?

tks,

Eduardo

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 10:05 AM

Answers

• User-1091210821 posted

Hi Eduardo,

Asp.net Ajax Enabled is merely to enable your website to start using ajax. Its like a framework wrapper to combine ajax with asp.net.

Ajax toolkit as the name suggest is a collection of many tools (like you have asp:textbox in asp.net) that use ajax behind the scenes that you can use in your website.

1. Its not a matter of choice. Its if you need ajax, use ajax and if you want to use a pre-built component then pick one from toolkit for e.g. if you want a slideshow just use one from toolkit.

2. They are different things one is a collection of components, one is an environment as above 

3. Yes you can,  Toolkit complements asp.net ajax.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2007 10:54 AM

All replies

• User-1091210821 posted

Hi Eduardo,

Asp.net Ajax Enabled is merely to enable your website to start using ajax. Its like a framework wrapper to combine ajax with asp.net.

Ajax toolkit as the name suggest is a collection of many tools (like you have asp:textbox in asp.net) that use ajax behind the scenes that you can use in your website.

1. Its not a matter of choice. Its if you need ajax, use ajax and if you want to use a pre-built component then pick one from toolkit for e.g. if you want a slideshow just use one from toolkit.

2. They are different things one is a collection of components, one is an environment as above 

3. Yes you can,  Toolkit complements asp.net ajax.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2007 10:54 AM
  • User-1717790278 posted

Ok. I understood, but is there any problem if I create a new website using the ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled website TEMPLATE and put there the componentes ok AJAXToolKit ?

Tks

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 12:47 PM
  • User-1091210821 posted

There is no problem if you got all the prerequisities, i.e. the framework etc.

Good luck

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 7:00 PM