none
DLL not resolved properly RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

I have a weird problem with a dll (TcpExChannel.dll) that is loaded using .Net Remote.

The error is as follows:

The assembly with display name 'TcpExChannel' failed to load in the 'LoadFrom' binding context of the AppDomain with ID 1. The cause of the failure was: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'TcpExChannel, Version=1.0.4421.22327, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'TcpExChannel, Version=1.0.4421.22327, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

=== Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: User = RSL04PC\Silviu
    LOG: DisplayName = TcpExChannel, Version=1.0.4421.22327, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
     (Fully-specified)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Office/Office12/
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===
    LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
    LOG: No application configuration file found.
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Office/Office12/TcpExChannel.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Office/Office12/TcpExChannel/TcpExChannel.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Office/Office12/TcpExChannel.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Office/Office12/TcpExChannel/TcpExChannel.EXE.

The error appears when I try to populate a window with some objects that seem to be using that dll (TcpExChannel.dll).

If I manually put the dll there (Office12), everything works. But this is not something we intend to do.

PS: I am using VS2008 + SP1 and targeting .Net Framework 3.5. I am using VSTO 3.0 and developing a Word2007 Addin.

Best regards,

Silviu.

http://www.rosoftlab.net/

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 12:29 PM

All replies