Problem With Application-Level Add-In To Allow VBA To Call WCF Services RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've used the code in the link below to create an application-level add-in for Word which allows me to use VBA to call my WCF services.

This is working fine on my development machine, however after I deploy this add-in to a production machine I receive the following error after trying to call my WCF service:

Run-time error '-2146233087 (80131501)':
    The communication object, System.ServiceModel.ChannelFactory`1[Firm.SOA.Services.IMatterService], cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.

I have a seperate test client executable which I use to test connections to my WCF services, and this is able to find my WCF services fine from my prod machine so I don't think it's a connectivity problem. I'm using the same configuration file for this test client as for my add-in. I created a method in my add-in to read the service uri, and there's no problem there.

I've run out of ideas on how to fix this. Am I going about this the wrong way? Are there better ways for me to use VBA to call my WCF services?
    Monday, May 25, 2009 12:39 AM

All replies