How to use Serial Port with USB in Windows RT

Question

• We are developing a windows app in Windows RT for a thin device (tablet). For that we have to communicate a Bluetooth device through USB via Serial port. Please let me know the possibility..
    Saturday, October 11, 2014 12:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Srini,

Serial port is not support in windows store app. You can choose the alternatives to windows API in store app from this reference. If you need the store app to support this port, you can post a thread to ask this feature on UserVoice.

If you want to connect Bluetooth device, you should use Bluetooth API in store app.

If you want to connect USB device, you should use USB API in store app.

By the way, this thread is related to Windows store app, I will help moving it into store app forum.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 13, 2014 6:31 AM

All replies

• We are developing a windows app in Windows RT for a thin device (tablet). For that we have to communicate a Bluetooth device through USB via Serial port. Please let me know the possibility..
    • Edited by Srini1975 Saturday, October 11, 2014 12:27 PM
    • Changed type Srini1975 Saturday, October 11, 2014 12:30 PM
    • Merged by Jamles HezModerator Monday, October 13, 2014 7:15 AM same question
    Saturday, October 11, 2014 9:54 AM
  • Hi Srini,

Serial port is not support in windows store app. You can choose the alternatives to windows API in store app from this reference. If you need the store app to support this port, you can post a thread to ask this feature on UserVoice.

If you want to connect Bluetooth device, you should use Bluetooth API in store app.

If you want to connect USB device, you should use USB API in store app.

By the way, this thread is related to Windows store app, I will help moving it into store app forum.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 13, 2014 6:31 AM