locked
TypeLoadException of external lib referenced in Brokered Windows Runtime Components

    Question

  • Hi,

    I´m facing the issue that i added reference to my Brokered Windows Runtime Component and getting an TypeLoadException because the assembly can not be found. The reference is an other project inside my solution. When adding the assembly to Gac via GacUtil the Exception goes away. So can anyone give me a hint if there is a way to reference additional assemblies in a Brokered Windows Runtime Component that are not in the Gac? I allready tried to put them into the DesktopApplicationFolder defined in the manifest of my ModernUI App..


    lh

    Tuesday, July 1, 2014 10:20 AM

Answers

  • What happens when you run an actual deployed project?  It app will need to know where to find the referenced assembly, so where exactly does the app look for it?  Perhaps you can run ProcMon and find out.

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    Tuesday, July 1, 2014 7:37 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  • What happens when you run an actual deployed project?  It app will need to know where to find the referenced assembly, so where exactly does the app look for it?  Perhaps you can run ProcMon and find out.

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    Tuesday, July 1, 2014 7:37 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi Matt, thanks for your answer. I´m still in development so I did not deploy it. It took me a few hours to figure out how to get this working without GAC. I´m not sure what I did wrong, but after changing the outputfolder of the stub proxy to the output folder of my .net 4.5 desktop application, instead copying the output of the desktop application to the output of the stub proxy and changing the DesktopApplicationFolder to the outputfolder of the Desktop application it works... Must have been the ghost inside the machine.


    lh

    Wednesday, July 2, 2014 3:59 PM