Excel Quick Parts - Document ID to Cell RRS feed

• Question

• A co-worker of mine came to me to ask an excel 2013 question and I found that it closely mirrors some already here. This one in particular is very similar:

"Excel and Quick Parts / Document ID

We've deployed SharePoint 2010 using the unique Document ID feature to uniquely identify every document. Now embedding this ID in word document is easy enough, using Quick Parts, but amazingly, this feature is completely missing in Excel... I'm scared to try the other Office products."

Question is: How do you add the SharePoint unique Document ID into a cell in an Excel sheet?

Which was asked in the threads around 2011.

Seeing as it was a top result for the search query: "excel 2013 quick parts". I'm assuming it is the latest information?

Is the feature (quick parts in excel) just something that is not being implemented?

Thanks for any help someone may offer.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 7:09 PM

Answers

• Correct, Quick Parts is a Word feature and not present in Excel.

Trevor Seward, MCC

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 7:45 PM

All replies

• Correct, Quick Parts is a Word feature and not present in Excel.

Trevor Seward, MCC

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 7:45 PM
  • Sitting with the same problem.

Using a Document control to update a Doc ID field in a SharePoint Word Doc and a quick part to update the Version.

Need to do the same for Excel.

Did you have any luck? 

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 10:33 AM
  • One of my former colleagues solved this with custom code in excel and powerpoint, since it's not possible to do this with quick parts or other configuration. Since I'm not a developer I can't help you more than it needs coding..
    Monday, November 2, 2015 2:41 PM