Error while importing MSI to PROD (Could not retrieve transport type data for ...) RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi All

We are trying to import a full build from our BAM server to our PROD server.  After running for about 50 minutes or so, we get the following error:

We have been trying to debug this so here are the steps that I did.

On our BAM server, I loaded all the bindings that exists on the PROD server

I did an export of the MSI without bindings

Then I did an import of the same MSI and I got the same error except on a different Receive Location.

Therefore we are getting this error on both servers.  Is there a limit as to how many Send ports, Receive Ports or Receive locations that could affect this?

Or, could there be a limit on the number of artifacts?

Thanks

Shawn

I forgot to mention that we are on Biztalk 2010 with SQAL 2008 R2 and Visual Studio 2010

Thursday, November 5, 2015 2:22 PM

All replies

• Sorry, the image is not coming through.

Exactly what Adapter is the error referring to?  Is the Adapter installed and configured on the target machine(s)?

Thursday, November 5, 2015 3:40 PM
  • Here is the error:

Import Error

Failed to import "C:\backup\20151104\Build_NBHealthCare_NoBindings_20151104.msi"

Location of the log is provided in the Result Page.

Additional Information

Change requests failed for some resources. (mscorlib)

BiztalkAssemblyResourceManager failed to complete end type change request.

(Microsoft.Biztalk.ResourceManagers)

Failed to update binding information. (mscorlib)

Could not retrieve transport type data for Receive Location “ItsRBaRL” from config store.

The operation is not valid for the state of the transaction.

(Microsoft.Biztalk.ExplorerOM)

Thursday, November 5, 2015 3:47 PM
  • This seens weird since the MSI that I am trying to import in the BAM is the one that was created by the BAM, same machine, same solution so there should not be anything missing

Thursday, November 5, 2015 3:48 PM
  • On this particular receive location, it is a Transport Type MLLP

Thursday, November 5, 2015 3:49 PM
  • There may be two reasons for the exception " Could not retrieve transport type data for Receive Location “ItsRBaRL” from config store."

1) You have not installed the adapter which is being used for your receive location . Maybe you are using WCF adapters and you have not installed the same on your importing environment.

2) Your SSO and BizTalk services are down and that may be reason BizTalk unable to connect to DB'S to get config information

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Friday, November 6, 2015 10:07 AM
  • I am looking at the info.

First, the export comes from the BAM server and the import is on the BAM server so as for option 1, I think that if the file was there for the export, it should be there for the import right?

Option 2, I checked and the Enterprise Single Sign-On Service is started.  As for the Biztalk services, the only ones I can see are the Biztalk Service Biztalk Group and they are all off as these are the hosts.  I do ont see any other, should I be looking for something else?

Thanks

Shawn

Friday, November 6, 2015 1:18 PM
  • Import will work only when your environment remains the same when you exported it. Check the Adapter or if it a custom binding for WCF Adapter, check whether that is installed or not. It might be that the custom adapter or binding got corrputed or removed somehow.

Rahul

Friday, November 6, 2015 2:41 PM
  • The import comes from export on the same server.

We have 358 sendports, 148 receive ports and 149 receive locations.  Could there be a limit either for artifacts or for time while importing as it seems to crash around 55 minutes

Friday, November 6, 2015 7:44 PM
  • Here is the error:

Import Error

Failed to import "C:\backup\20151104\Build_NBHealthCare_NoBindings_20151104.msi"

Location of the log is provided in the Result Page.

Additional Information

Change requests failed for some resources. (mscorlib)

BiztalkAssemblyResourceManager failed to complete end type change request.

(Microsoft.Biztalk.ResourceManagers)

Failed to update binding information. (mscorlib)

Could not retrieve transport type data for Receive Location “ItsRBaRL” from config store.

The operation is not valid for the state of the transaction.

(Microsoft.Biztalk.ExplorerOM)

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

As per your error description, it seems more related to SSO secret key,

Please follow below steps:

Go To SSO Adminnistration -> System -> Restore Secret and select the secret file.

If you dont know the path of the secret file try once in the location "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Enterprise Single Sign-On".

Select the file and provide the password. Once the master secret restores the error will not come.

Or Follow this article: How to Restore the Master Secret. 

Thanks, If my reply is helpful please mark as answer or vote as helpful.

Friday, November 6, 2015 9:08 PM
  • I have done some testing on our Build Server and here are the results:

Deleted all Send Ports (357) and Receive Ports (144) except for the 2 send ports associated to the orchestration.

Scenario 1

Application has only the 2 send ports associated to the orchestration.  No Receive Ports or other Send Ports.

Import full MSI that does not include any bindings:

Started: 11:49pm 

Finished: 11:58pm

finished Run Application: 12:01am

Scenario 2

Application has only the 2 send ports associated to the orchestration and 144 Receive Ports.  No Send Ports.

Started: 12:19am

Finished: 01:05am

Finished Run Application: Went into Repair

Took a long time but finished

Scenario 3

Application has all send ports (357).  No Receive Ports

Started: 09:27am

Finished: 09:41am

Finished Run: 09:43am

Worked OK

If we have all Send Ports and Receive Ports, the full MSI that does not include any bindings fail.

Therefore, it looks more and more like a timeout.

If it was the SSO, would it not work at all?

Shawn

Sunday, November 8, 2015 3:22 PM
  • Hi Shwan,

Thank you for providing the details scenario information.

When you performed the Scenario 2 or Scenario 3 have you checked in event log for any unwanted activity or any log information for error.

Please check in event viewer if any information logged there. and also if possible please run BHM and see the health of your BizTalk Server.

Thanks, If my reply is helpful please mark as answer or vote as helpful.

Sunday, November 8, 2015 4:08 PM
  • Hello !

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/7204.biztalk-server-list-of-errors-and-warnings-causes-and-solutions.aspx

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-in/library/aa561924.aspx

Please go through above links, which may help you 

If this answers your question please Mark as Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Sunday, November 8, 2015 7:14 PM