locked
problem getting right text RRS feed

  • Question

  • User-1021610318 posted

     Hi, I'm trying to localize one of my projects using Global Resources, but I'm having troubles.

    I created a folder under the root folder called App_GlobalResources (using Visual Studio 2008) then I added to files: Labels.resx and Labels.it-IT.resx

    On my page i used this code to test these files:

             <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="<%$ Resources:Labels,NextPage %>" />

    And even if I change my browser language, the text is retrieved using Labels.resx and not Labels.it-IT.resx, as expected.

    Help me please.

    Saturday, April 11, 2009 6:16 AM

Answers

  • User-1540984348 posted

     okay try to set both UICulture and Culture in the golbal file

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 11:11 AM

All replies

  • User-1540984348 posted

     you should change the UIculture according to the cline by setting it in the page or the web.config as "Auto" i guees

    Saturday, April 11, 2009 4:07 PM
  • User-1021610318 posted
    I've already tried to set the 'UICulture' to 'Auto', for both page and web.config
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 3:26 AM
  • User-1540984348 posted

     okay try to set both UICulture and Culture in the golbal file

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 11:11 AM