Need to isolate Winword menu and outlook new mail inspector menu RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have developed an add-in(shared add-in) for ms-word using C#, VS2005. This add-in adds a menu to the standard menu bar of ms-word and it works fine. But my problem is that this add-in appears in ms-outlook's compose mail inspector, which I dont want. I tried to remove the menu from outlook, but when I did it, the menu in ms-word also got deleted. I understand that outlook 2003 uses ms-word as the default word editor and that's why the menus are also common. But I really don't want the menu to appear in outlook's new inspector. How do I go about it? Please suggest...

ramz_g
    Friday, August 7, 2009 1:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    It looks like you are using Office 2003

Since the Innovate on Office program is meant for Office 2007 related issues only, this question is out of scope for us. You can go to Managed news groups and post your query there. Someone will respond to your question within 72 hours.

Here is the link for that- 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/aa974230.aspx 

Regards,

Chaitanya

**This thread will be closed if we do not hear back from you within 7 days after our last post.**
    Monday, August 10, 2009 4:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    It looks like you are using Office 2003

Since the Innovate on Office program is meant for Office 2007 related issues only, this question is out of scope for us. You can go to Managed news groups and post your query there. Someone will respond to your question within 72 hours.

Here is the link for that- 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/aa974230.aspx 

Regards,

Chaitanya

**This thread will be closed if we do not hear back from you within 7 days after our last post.**
    Monday, August 10, 2009 4:30 PM
  • Thanks a lot Chaitanya... I've posted my question in the discussion board that you had suggested....
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 4:37 AM