Microsoft PowerShell fail to load Modules (Into fresh Windows Dev. Prev. and V.S. 11)

Question

• Installing new Windows Developer Preview and Visual Studio 11 into an  reformatted hard disk, because an previous installation of the same (Win 8 and VS 11) on another machine give several error using PowerShell, the first check that I make was about PowerShell.

Without opening Visual Studio 11 just installed, I start Windows PowerShell Module, but the first response warn me that "errors occurred while importing the modules. To view the errors, type '$error'."

Typing $error, PowerShell reply with red response "Import Module : The specified module 'cimwfasmodule' was not loaded because no valid module file was found in any module directory.

At C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\MsDtc\TestDtc.psm1:1 char:1 + Import-Module cimwfasmodule + .........etc.."

This response is the same that I have had on the other machine.

The only application that I have installed out of Windows DP CTP & Visual Studio 11, was Acrobat Reader and PsPad.

OmC
    Monday, November 7, 2011 10:43 AM

All replies

• This question is related to a Windows 8 Developer Preview problem, so you'd better post it in the Windows Developer Preview General OS Questions Forum at the following address

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/threads

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    Monday, November 7, 2011 11:59 AM
  • Hi,

Moving the thread to the more appropriate forum, as suggested above by Luigi.

Thank you,

Anca Popa Follow ForumTechNetIt on Twitter

Come inserire immagini nei post

Microsoft offre questo servizio gratuitamente, per aiutare gli utenti e aumentare il database dei prodotti e delle tecnologie. Il contenuto viene fornito “così come è” e non comporta alcuna responsabilità da parte dell'azienda

Monday, November 7, 2011 12:14 PM