Bug with pen tool and undo RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm using Microsoft Expression Blend 2.5 March 2008 Preview Version 2.1.1113.0 and I came across what I think is a bug in the pen tool when your designing a silverlight page.

To reproduce:
    1. click file / new project / and select Silverlight 1 Site
    2. Press P to select the pen tool
    3. Place a point on the canvas, then move to another spot on the canvas, and hold down the left mouse button and move the mouse to create a smooth curve.
    4. Hit edit undo.

Note that the first point originally didn't have a handle, but now its inherritted the handle of the second point.

Heres an animation demonstrating it:

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/6369/pathundobugdc7.gif

It kinda annoying since theres no 'rubber band' feature for the pen tool, i instead use control z to test if I've placed the point in the right spot...but it causes the previous point changes to a different direction...so if you could fix this that would be awesome :D

I Appologuise if this has already been reported, and/or this is in the wrong forum.

Thanks for reading :)
    Sunday, May 18, 2008 4:19 AM

All replies

• Thank you, David.  I'm able to replicate this in Blend 2.5, but not Blend 2.  I'll investigate and file the bug if one doesn't already exist.

Jonathan - MSFT

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights
    • Edited by Jonathan Satcher Friday, May 23, 2008 11:27 PM Deleted an errant word.
    Friday, May 23, 2008 11:26 PM