none
Is it still possible in 2017 to create an Office app for Access Web Apps ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am trying to design an office App targeted to an Access Web App, based on this doc :

https://dev.office.com/docs/add-ins/access/access-web-app-add-ins

I have Visual Studio 2015 and the latest Office developper tools installed.

Unfortunately, I can't see the "Office Add-in" template required on the first step of the doc, that seemed to be the only template that can be used to developp an app for Access Web Apps.

I am surprised not to find any link on this after some search.

So what am I missing here ? Is it still possible in 2017 to create such an office app ?

Thanks.

Thursday, March 9, 2017 9:22 AM

All replies

• Hi matt_bv,

Try to download the new update of office developer tools may solve your issue.

Microsoft Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2015

Web Installer Link

install it and try to find the template again.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 10, 2017 4:01 AM
  • Hi Deepak,

Thanks for replying.

Yes I have done that and tried again with your link but I indeed have already installed the latest tools, and the needed template is missing. The web installer says "installed"  and "0 elements to install".

So is there another way ?

Or otherwise, could Microsoft tells explicitly that the Access Web App Add-ins are no longer supported ? (and then correct the link I provided)

(I know MS seems to invest on Power Apps at the moment. Power Apps are promising ok, but for now just buggy and nowhere as mature as Access Web Apps when you want to provide serious applications on SharePoint.)

Friday, March 10, 2017 10:13 AM
  • Hi matt_bv,

as mentioned in the documentation, I already suggested you to download the latest office developer tools.

these 2 links are the only way to get that templates.

if you only tried with web installer then I suggest you to check the other link too.

try to download the tools from that link and check whether template is available or not.

there is no any other way to get that template.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 6:56 AM
  • Hi Deepak,

Ok, I have already checked both links. A I explained to you, the template is missing from the latest install. So this strongly suggest that developping add-ins for Access Web Apps is no longer possible. Microsoft should update or remove this page :
    https://dev.office.com/docs/add-ins/access/access-web-app-add-ins

Best

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 10:23 AM
  • Hi matt_bv,

if you think that this feature should be again available in future then you can submit your feedback to user voice.

Welcome to Access Suggestion Box!

if they get enough feedbacks regarding this request then they can think to add it again.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:52 AM