Sorting / Hiding SubSites RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently working on a Sharepoint deployment that will utilize subsites as projects within an organization.  The request has come-in for a User with access to 100 subsites, they would only like to see the 25 active projects/subsites though they need access to the 75 completed projects/subsites for documents and reference.  Any ideas on what parameters could be set or a way to make only designated active projects/subsites appear for a User even though they have permission to access 100 projects/subsites in total?  Thank you for your time.
    Thursday, September 5, 2013 9:21 PM

Answers

• Hello,

If i understood you correctly, you have 100 subsites and want to provide access to users for 25 subsites. You can create user groups and add user respectively. Now you can break the permission at those subsites level where you don't want access ( directly remove group permission from all subsites). You may use powershell script to do this for all subsites.

Please correct me if i am wrong

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:54 AM