none
Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A (RPC_E_SERVERCALL_RETRYLATER)

Question

• Developing a U-SQL project in Visual Studio 2015 and I am constantly running up against the "application is busy" error. Detail:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A (RPC_E_SERVERCALL_RETRYLATER)) BW.PMO.DataLake.DataPrep C:\projects\ProjectManagementOffice\Main\BW.PMO.DataLake\BW.PMO.DataLake.DataPrep\BW.PMO.DataLake.DataPrep\InsertMoreRows.usql 1

I have tried so many things to mitigate this error. Keeps coming back. Makes the effort to develop the code arduous at best.

Sometimes I can get it to go away by cleaning the solution and rebuilding. At the moment I don't seem to be able to get it to go away under any circumstances.

Friday, August 11, 2017 6:50 PM

Answers

• Dear Vern,

Very sorry for the inconvenience. We are working on a fix for this. Hopefully the new version will be released in a week or so. I will reply to this thread once the new version is available, you will also receive an update reminder in VS then.

Thanks,

Yanan

• Marked as answer by Vern Martin Tuesday, August 29, 2017 10:25 AM
    Thursday, August 24, 2017 2:24 AM

All replies

• I'm also seeing this behaviour in Visual Studio 2017.3 when submitting USQL jobs to the local execution engine.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8001010A): The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A (RPC_E_SERVERCALL_RETRYLATER))
       at EnvDTE._DTE.get_Solution()
       at Microsoft.Cosmos.ScopeStudio.VsExtension.ProjectSystem.DTEWrapper.GetSolution()
       at Microsoft.Cosmos.ScopeStudio.UserInterface.SQLIP.BaseSubmissionViewModel`1.GetScriptContentsWithReference(ProductFunctionType productType)
       at Microsoft.Cosmos.ScopeStudio.UserInterface.SQLIP.LocalJobSubmissionViewModel.DoJobSubmissionWithProductType(ProductFunctionType productType)

The error intermittently appears, and usually goes away after retrying to submit the job a couple times.

Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:27 AM
  • Dear Vern,

Very sorry for the inconvenience. We are working on a fix for this. Hopefully the new version will be released in a week or so. I will reply to this thread once the new version is available, you will also receive an update reminder in VS then.

Thanks,

Yanan

• Marked as answer by Vern Martin Tuesday, August 29, 2017 10:25 AM
    Thursday, August 24, 2017 2:24 AM
  • Thanks for reporting this, Mike. And sorry for the inconvenience.

We are working on a fix for this. Hopefully the new version will be released in a week or so. I will reply to this thread once the new version is available.

Thanks,

Yanan

Thursday, August 24, 2017 2:25 AM
  • I' m seeing this in VS 2015 as well. 9 out of 10 job submissions.

Whenever I try to rebuild solution I get the following error: 

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {A2FA2136-EB44-4D10-A1D3-6FE1D63A7C05} failed due to the following error: 80080005 Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE)).

When I try to submit job I get the other Errors described in this post.

Sunday, August 27, 2017 1:34 PM
  • Having the latest version Azure Data Lake Tools for Visual Studio   2.3.0000.0 for Visual Studio 2015

Receiving similar error,

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8001010A): The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A (RPC_E_SERVERCALL_RETRYLATER))
       at EnvDTE._DTE.get_Solution()
       at Microsoft.Cosmos.ScopeStudio.VsExtension.ProjectSystem.DTEWrapper.GetSolution()
       at Microsoft.Cosmos.ScopeStudio.UserInterface.SQLIP.BaseSubmissionViewModel`1.GetScriptContentsWithReference(ProductFunctionType productType)
       at Microsoft.Cosmos.ScopeStudio.UserInterface.SQLIP.LocalJobSubmissionViewModel.DoJobSubmissionWithProductType(ProductFunctionType productType)

Subash.S

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 10:54 AM
  • Sorry for the inconvenience, we have fixed this issue in the lasted release, and you can get the lasted version here.

Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:07 AM
  • Getting the same issue with VS2017 while submitting the u-sql script.

This is really irritating. very frequently getting error when I submit the query.

Error The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A (RPC_E_SERVERCALL_RETRYLATER)) 

Friday, April 6, 2018 9:33 AM