none
Xamarin.forms with Azure

Question

• Hello,

I've been doing the different xamarin.forms quickstarts and tutorials and now I wanted to use Azure for syncrhonization. I've followed this article  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service-mobile/app-service-mobile-xamarin-forms-get-started and also this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSgTGTMUk3o

In both cases there is a step once your resource is created that involves: quickstart (under Deployment) > Xamarin.Forms, Create a new app and download. I can't do this step so I'm not sure how can I continue.

I just need it to be working with a sample app and the steps that were followed so that I can replicate with my app.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 2:30 PM

Answers

• Apologies for the delay and for the frustration with this topic. You have stated that you had problems ( the app does not work) building the solution by editing the sample (You could find Xamarin.forms sample here) , do you receive any error message? I have contacted the product team on this internally and this document would be further updated with the latest changes soon, but there is no ETA on this yet. If you wish you could always leave your feedback on the document itself using the “Feedback” option within the associated document to receive insights from the author as well.

If you need further assistance with this, could you please send an email to AzCommunity[at]Microsoft[dot]com referencing this thread as well as your Azure subscription ID, we would like to work closer with you on this query.

• Marked as answer by aalbero Tuesday, June 11, 2019 4:12 PM
    Saturday, June 8, 2019 7:44 PM

All replies

• Mobile apps Quickstart experience from Azure portal is changed and we are making changes to the documentation to reflect the new instructions. The updated docs will be live in a few days. Sorry for the inconvenience that it might have caused.

Thursday, May 30, 2019 2:46 PM
  • Update: 

We’ve made the documentation changes and its live now. Could you please refer the steps outlined in the document - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service-mobile/app-service-mobile-xamarin-forms-get-started and share any feedback you may have. Since the QuickStart experience is changed, the steps from the video references previous navigation options, so I request you to follow the process outlined in the above updated document.

Thursday, May 30, 2019 6:41 PM
  • Thank you for the update, I have been able to run the application sucessfully however this step is still not doable from my portal, I don't see the Xamarin.forms option. I had to download the sample separately and then make the changes.

Also, I'm trying to make changes so that I add my own functionality and I'm not able to make it work.

- I have tried to edit the sample app but as soon as I make some changes the app does not work anymore

- I have tried to include the code of the sample app in my own app and I am also not able to make it work.

I would like to know where I can find more documentation/examples because I have struggled finding any valuable/up to date information.

• Edited by aalbero Monday, June 3, 2019 8:43 PM
    Monday, June 3, 2019 8:38 PM
  • Apologies for the delay and for the frustration with this topic. You have stated that you had problems ( the app does not work) building the solution by editing the sample (You could find Xamarin.forms sample here) , do you receive any error message? I have contacted the product team on this internally and this document would be further updated with the latest changes soon, but there is no ETA on this yet. If you wish you could always leave your feedback on the document itself using the “Feedback” option within the associated document to receive insights from the author as well.

If you need further assistance with this, could you please send an email to AzCommunity[at]Microsoft[dot]com referencing this thread as well as your Azure subscription ID, we would like to work closer with you on this query.

• Marked as answer by aalbero Tuesday, June 11, 2019 4:12 PM
    Saturday, June 8, 2019 7:44 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. I've been working in this topic and make some progress. If I have more problems I will follow up with you.
    Tuesday, June 11, 2019 4:12 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. I've been working in this topic and make some progress. If I have more problems I will follow up with you.
    Sure, thank you for the update. 
    Wednesday, June 12, 2019 12:03 PM