Showing the prototype I'm developing with SketchFlow RRS feed

• Question

• Here's another simple question.  (And I don't think I've asked this before.)  In the video series by Jeremy Osborn, he was developing a demo using SketchFlow, of a Silverlight app.  Distributing it was easy, you put it on a server somewhere that the user could navigate to with their web browser and having Silverlight installed.  However, I'm working on a WPF app, so I'm assuming when the time comes to demonstrate the app I can't do the same thing that Jeremy did.  Do I compile the app in SketchFlow and then put it onto the network, so I can show it to my users?  Or do I bring them into my office and show it to them here?  (I can do that, there's only 2 users, and maybe one or two managers who may want to see it.)  I want to know what's the right way of showing the prototype.
    Rod
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 3:42 PM

Answers

• As with everything else in SketchFlow, I would say "Your way" is the right way :)  One thing you can avoid if you do it in person is being sure the user has .Net 3.5/SP1. However if they are running Win7 it would already be installed for sure.  Otherwise, you can use the file -> package command to find what files you need to deploy to have a user run your wpf prototype.

• Marked as answer by Rod at Work Friday, March 26, 2010 4:36 PM
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 4:50 PM

All replies

• As with everything else in SketchFlow, I would say "Your way" is the right way :)  One thing you can avoid if you do it in person is being sure the user has .Net 3.5/SP1. However if they are running Win7 it would already be installed for sure.  Otherwise, you can use the file -> package command to find what files you need to deploy to have a user run your wpf prototype.

• Marked as answer by Rod at Work Friday, March 26, 2010 4:36 PM
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 4:50 PM
  • Yeah, I'm thinking I might just be better off bringing them to my office and showing it there.  I'm not sure they've got .NET 3.5 SP1.  Thanks for pointing out the File -> Package SketchFlow command.  I'll take a look at it, but if they don't have .NET 3.5 SP1, then I'll just forget it.  With only 2 exceptions (my PC being one of them) everyone here at work has Windows XP.  :(

Thanks again.

Rod
    Friday, March 26, 2010 4:36 PM