Migration of OpenEdge Progress tables to SQL*Server RRS feed

• Question

• Is there an automated way to copy a Progress 10.2a database to SQL*Server 2008R2? I'm thinking along the lines of the Migration Assistant (which doesn't support Progress).
    I just want a very straightforward way of recreating the Progress table structure in SQL*Server and copying the data over with minimal effort.
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 10:36 PM

Answers

• Hi PaulH_X,

Regarding to your description, you can try to use SSIS packages or import/export wizard to migrate progress database to SQL Server 2008 R2. Meanwhile you need install driver to connect to Progress, you can download and install ODBC from here.

Additional, you can refer to these two threads with the same scenario as yours.
    1. Migration
    2. Migrate From Progress DB to SQL Server 2008 R2 or Any Version
    Regards, Amber zhang
    • Marked as answer by amber zhang Friday, February 10, 2012 8:07 AM
    Friday, February 3, 2012 3:27 AM

All replies

• Hi PaulH_X,

Regarding to your description, you can try to use SSIS packages or import/export wizard to migrate progress database to SQL Server 2008 R2. Meanwhile you need install driver to connect to Progress, you can download and install ODBC from here.

Additional, you can refer to these two threads with the same scenario as yours.
    1. Migration
    2. Migrate From Progress DB to SQL Server 2008 R2 or Any Version
    Regards, Amber zhang
    • Marked as answer by amber zhang Friday, February 10, 2012 8:07 AM
    Friday, February 3, 2012 3:27 AM
  • Hi PaulH_X,

As an alternative you can try Ispirer SQLWays database migration tool. It supports a great number of databases including migration from Progress to SQL Server. Unfortunately as far as I know this tool is not free, but if a database is a small one, probably its free demo version will be enough.

Regards,

Dan

Friday, May 16, 2014 7:25 AM