WACK valid but submission returned failure after half an hour?!? RRS feed

• Question

• The app passed the WACK check, but after submission I get back the following with no explanations. Anyone else had this?

Overall result: failed

Report generated at 9/25/2013 1:39 PM UTC

Windows 8

Security tests: incomplete

This test scans your app for malware and unwanted behaviors. Learn more

Technical compliance: failed

This tests your app with the Windows App Certification Kit. You can also run this the test locally from the SDK. Learn more

One or more of the Windows App Certification Kit tests failed. Test your app with the Windows App Certification Kit on your computer to get more detailed info about this error.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:52 PM

All replies

• (Got this feedback within the first hour so presume automated checking)
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:52 PM
  • Hi,

I had also had the problem yesterday. Could it be that you test your app with wack 2.2?

If so, upgrade to 3.0 like described here

lh

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 2:33 PM
  • Thanks for the info. Is there anyway to tell what version of the Wack is actually being used? Have installed the 8.1 dev kit, but do I need to switch to 8.1 to use Wack 3.0? Dont really want to have to use 8.1 because I dont have Windows 8.1 installed and would like the app to run on the majority of Windows 8 machines which presume wont be upgrading to 8.1 on the day of 8.1s release.
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 3:22 PM
  • Hmm, ok, should be able to run via Windows Kits/8.1/App Certification Kit/appcertui.exe and should run on 8.0.
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 3:33 PM
  • Hi,

If you are on Win8 and installed 8.1 dev kit you get WACK 3.0. On Win8.1 you get WACK 3.1.The Version gets displayed inthe window window title. I´m not sure how it was in 2.2... but I think it also was displayed in the Window Title. So if you installed the 8.1 Standalone Sdk from here on your win8 machine, you should be allready using WACK 3.0 and see the reason for the Technical compliance: failed. This worked for me yesterday. If you don´t see the error with wack 3.0 then only MS can help.

lh

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 4:21 PM
  • Ok, so after installing and running through Wack 3.0, is passes. Could the next step be to try and get 3.1 going or does that need 8.1?
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:16 PM
  • Hi,

if you are developing a 8.0 app on Windows 8.0 you have to use Wack 3.0. Wack 3.1 can only be used on Windows 8.1 RTM with VS2013 RTM. If Wack 3.0 passes all test localy with an app package created for the store, I would say contact the technical support from within your Dashboard or test it again with Wack on a low powered machine like the surface rt.

One little sidenode. I have seen app packages getting green without store association, and after associating with the store i got red... So make sure to create the package with store association.

I know it is a frustrating Situation, but without any Information what test is failing we can not help you. I´m sorry for that.

lh

Thursday, September 26, 2013 9:51 AM
  • Yes I am getting the same problem since about a week. I have tested on WACK 3.0 and all is fine until it is uploaded.

I have contacted Microsoft (and Unity cos I'm using that game engine), they seem to be aware of the problem. So hopefully they will fix it soon!!!

But it would be helpful if when the app fails the test when uploaded it actually gave you a proper report instead of just saying "Use the certification on your own machine." Which is no good if it passes on your machine. That is pretty useless information and frustrating for everyone! ;)

• Edited by zenanimator Friday, September 27, 2013 11:00 PM
    Friday, September 27, 2013 10:57 PM