New JQueryExtenderControl with Latest Toolkit Release RRS feed

All replies

• User-417640953 posted

Hi Mustang65,

Thank you for posting to asp.net forum.

From your description and link you provided, I see you noticed the Ajax Control Toolkit which released in September 2013.

In this artitle, it introduced the jQueryExtender and other changes. It explained very clear, jQueryExtender enables you to create Ajax Control Toolkit controls

with jQuery instead of the Microsoft Ajax Library. To explain that, author provided an example for how to using ToggleButton.

You can get all tha other changes from the links provided by Stephen Walther in this article.

And for how to use this controls, I'd like suggest you still refer to the link below.

http://www.asp.net/ajaxLibrary/AjaxControlToolkitSampleSite/Default.aspx

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Best Regards! 

Sunday, November 3, 2013 9:07 PM
  • User1079421601 posted

Hope the following reference help you.

Sunday, November 3, 2013 9:18 PM
  • User1786607082 posted

The point of my question is that I have been trying to get a control to work with the jQueryExtender.  I have been trying to duplicate that ToggleButton. But everything I do fails, therefore I am asking for an standalone example that is not built within the Toolkit so that it would show all of the pieces that are need to build your own control.

The first part I had problems with was just getting the script to show up, the code above the namespace 

[assembly: System.Web.UI.WebResource("TestToggleButtonExtender.mplToggleButtonExtender.js", "text/javascript")]

and the following on the c;lass item

[ClientScriptResource(null, "TestToggleButtonExtender.mplToggleButtonExtender.js")]

Does not work, at least the way I have it set up.  I have by cs file and js file in the same exact directory.

I finally had to add 

protected override IEnumerable<ScriptReference>
                  GetScriptReferences()
            {
                yield return new ScriptReference("TestToggleButtonExtender.mplToggleButtonExtender.js", this.GetType().Assembly.FullName);
            }

to the code to get it to pick up the javascript file.

No the problem is that for some reason jQuery itself is not passed to the script so all I can do right now is generate a jQuery Extender that does an Alert and log to the console.

I just wish there was a better example showing me all of the other pieces tht need to be included.

Monday, November 4, 2013 5:20 PM
  • User1786607082 posted

I just made some headway on getting jQuery passed into the new extender,  it seems you must pass in actJQuery for the jquery instance.  From what I would guess is this is what the Toolkit has changed jQuery to user within the extenders, it would also use the same version that is embedded in the toolkit, which is 1.9.1.  I still dont understand why the ClientScriptResource part does not work.

Monday, November 4, 2013 5:54 PM