none
Multiple SSD RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi ,

I have HP DL 385 Gen 7 Server , with PCI Express based two OCZ SSDs. Only one SSD are detected even both are pluged in. But both the SSDs works fine independently. Is there any limitations or Issues with the Windows server 2008 R2 ???

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 9:21 AM

All replies

• no, there isn't. see if the same config works in a different machine. if it does, it is probably a bios issue dealing with the two devices plugged in

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 5:26 PM
  • Which OCZ PCIe SSD?  I am using OCZ PCIe SSD too.

And this problem only in Windows server 2008 R2?

Thursday, November 8, 2012 2:35 AM
  • Looked in to the BIOS , In the PCI Express Slot settings were enabled looks fine.

Do i need to check anything other than that ????

Thursday, November 8, 2012 4:50 AM
  • Have not tried in other operating system.

The SSD are Z Drive C series..

Thursday, November 8, 2012 5:03 AM
  • Have you check with the vendor, is it a bug for this product, can't suppor multiple devices in one system?

If you insist on resolving this problem by youself. Can you try in other OS? i.e. Linux will be the better choice to debug this problem.

1.  use 'lspci' to check if PCI resource is allocated completely for the second card ?  Because this is a pci device in system at first.

2.  check SATA device resouce is ok?   There are multi sandforce 2282 chips in OCZ c series.

Friday, November 9, 2012 7:29 AM