none
How can I add a dynamic web query, that would show my balance on a certain website? RRS feed

• Question

• *Note : I am not a developer myself, but I hope to get an advice from people who are really knowledgeable.*

Hello,

The problem : I use multiple paid services that require me to check my balance on each and every webpage every day and I would love to somehow simplify the process. 

Objective : Create an Excel file, with dynamic web queries so that every morning all I have to do is open it and see the balances right there.

Important : 

- All of the websites have 1-step verification (meaning simple ID / PW check) 

Some of the services provide an HTTP API with simple one line queries that allow me to get the balance simply by making one URL call, but for most of them (like even simply my smartphone balance on the Operator website) do not have this option, so the only way to check how much money I have is to enter the website and see it right there on the panel.

I know it must be a pretty strange request and I am not entirely sure I am posting it in the right section of the Forum, but I would really appreciate some help on this. I have always been a great believer that the main purpose for all the constantly developing technology is to make our live easier, so please, if you have any ideas on how to make my idea work - share!~ :)

Thank you!

P.S. My Excel is version 2003 (corporate license) so I am not entirely sure your suggestions will work.. But I can use the online version instead of PC one~ 

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 1:41 AM

All replies

• Hello, if you would like to simplify the process of having extra income. Or maybe you're in a job you hate, dropping this quick message as it might be useful to you. It's a FREE Sunday Times Best Seller Book that will show you a simple way to make all the money you'll ever need -- http://bit.ly/2dnYRle

All the best.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 11:26 AM
  • Hi,

it is impossible by using Office Object model. In your case, Excel is just a container to put the data.

If there is no API exposed, we could not retrieve data.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 8:20 AM