File like .css, .js never refresh after change RRS feed

• Question

• User-865174439 posted

I write some web app in my actual config (Visual Studio) and i never had this problem. Well if i add new style to my main style.css file they doesn't work. 

For example i add to style.css in line 13-16:

::-webkit-scrollbar {
        width: 5px;
    }

When i run a app, this style doesn't work. Whats more,  if i suspect style.css in browser, file doesn't contain this code

If i create copy style.css and rename it to for example style2.css and change link in project, everything work.

I try use Incognito mode, clear cache in browser -> nothing helps

Thursday, November 12, 2020 10:44 AM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

Press ctrl-F5 in the browser to force the browser to fetch the CSS for the server rather than cache. 

Most frameworks have a solution for this very common problem.  A querystring is added to the file reference.  Changing the querystring causes the browser to get the new file.  In MVC it is called bundling. 

Thursday, November 12, 2020 2:10 PM
  • User-865174439 posted

I try solution with Ctrl+F5 aprox. 60 times. It doesn't help

Thursday, November 12, 2020 2:16 PM
  • User475983607 posted

polunyt

I try solution with Ctrl+F5 aprox. 60 times. It doesn't help

You pressed ctrl-F5 in the browser???

If the new file is downloaded from the server and the CSS or JS behavior does not change then there are bugs in the design.   Typically, the issue with CSS is cascading rules.   Your CSS is overridden by a CSS loaded later.  

Open the browser's dev tools and look for any errors in the console.   JS errors cause unexpected results.   You can also use dev tools to view the CSS applied to elements.  You'll be able to see of the CSS is being overridden.

Thursday, November 12, 2020 2:26 PM
  • User-865174439 posted

Of course in browser. In broser console i don't have anny error

Thursday, November 12, 2020 2:40 PM
  • User475983607 posted

I cannot reproduce this issue.  There must be other issue with your code that we cannot see.  

body::-webkit-scrollbar {
        width: 5px;
        height: 8px;
        background-color: #aaa; /* or add it to the track */
    }

in regards to ::-webkit-scrollbar.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/::-webkit-scrollbar

Thursday, November 12, 2020 3:01 PM
  • User-474980206 posted

in chrome, disable cache when using devtools. then open devtools when loading page or doing f5

Thursday, November 12, 2020 7:57 PM