none
Error 26 on anything other than DataAdapter access RRS feed

• Question

• This is probably a continuation of my thread about a persistent Error 26 issue, but it's taken on a life of it's own...

What I've found in my experimentation in my Visual Basic 2008 application is that if I use a DataAdapter to access my data in my SQL Server 2005 database, there are no problems. However, If I use any other tools, such as a TableAdapter, to try to work with the data, the application will stop with an Error 26. This seems to be regardless of whether I have the database attached to a local copy of SQL Server, a remote copy of SQL Server, or a copy of SQL Server Express. Since my application is heavily dependent on code like:

Dim CurrentRow As ABTCMembershipDataSet.MemberRow
    CurrentRow = CType(CType(Me.MemberBindingSource.Current, DataRowView).Row,ABTCMembershipDataSet.MemberRow)

...and it stops on the second statement, this makes the application ususable for the time being.

Any thoughts?

David

Monday, July 7, 2008 12:21 PM

All replies

• Hi there David.
     I've just run into very similar problem. It's description can help you, and maybe we will figure something out.
    The problem occurs when the app does tableAdapter.fill. But the interesting part: this 26 error happens ONLY on XP Home edition - on 4 other computers, all XP PRO everything goes ok! I assume there's something wrong with connection string, or some strange OS-relevant thing, which i completely don't understand. I hope we'd do something with it, 'cose the clock is ticking, and i don't have many time left..
    Monday, July 7, 2008 6:27 PM
  • My copies of SQL Server are on XP Pro and Vista, not XP Home. I can't help you there.

David

Monday, July 7, 2008 7:23 PM
  • Yes, i know, my server stands on XP Pro as well, but the client which produces this error is XP Home. I've tested it on 3 PRO clients and one home, and only home produced the error. I'll check if vista client has the same problem.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 6:39 AM