[UWP] Certification result was failed but app published anyway RRS feed

• Question

• My latest app submission shows that certification failed yet the app is still being published. Looking at the certification report there was a warning that my app will not be published for Xbox China. I received the same warning for the previous app submission but the certification passed. Should I just shrug and move on?
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 1:12 PM

All replies

•  Should I just shrug and move on?

Hi Jim,

According to the warning in failure report, your app won't be available in China Marketplace. There are some country/region specific requirements in the Store Policy:

The app content can be considered offensive in certain countries/regions because of local laws or cultural norms:

China  

• Prohibited sexual content
      • Disputed territory or region references
      • Providing or enabling access to content or services that are illegal under applicable local law

It just depends on if you want to publish your app for China currently. If you do, you can contact Dev Center support through your developer account to consult for the specific detailed reason. 

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Friday, May 5, 2017 3:01 AM
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 5:15 AM