Unable to activate windows store app, Activation request failed with error 'The Remote procedure call failed' RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are just starting development of Windows Store App.

For this we installed Windows 8 Evaluation on a machine. I downloaded the trial version for VS2012 Ultimate from MS site and installed it. I got the following set of issues, which we resolved by manipulating the Registry (which according to me is completely UNACCEPTABLE):

1. Framework version 4.5.50709 is needed.

2. 6.2 version of some framework component is needed.

After resolving (rather cheating) through these issues, VS2012 finally installed. We started with a "Blank application" (C#-> Windows Store App). It asked for the "Developer License", which we set.

Now i expected my application to run. But it doesnt!

I get the following error Message:

Unable to activate Windows Store app XXXXXXX. The Metro1.exe process started, but the activation request failed with error 'The remote procedure call failed'.

where "Metr01.exe" is the name.

Any help is appreciated as we have been stuck for 2 weeks now.

Thanks in advance.

rumDeep

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I think the problem is due to the version of your Windows 8 and VS. You could try to update your Windows 8 to retail edition. The version of VS and Windows 8 has to be matched.

Aaron Xue [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Aaron Xue Friday, December 7, 2012 7:55 AM
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:22 AM