none
Windows Installer, .NET Runtime Optimization Service (32 bit) and Microsoft Common Language Runtime native compiler are making a new 2012 server useless RRS feed

• Question

• This is a new Server 2012 Standard with SQL Server 2012 Standard. It's supposed to serve an internal ASP.NET website. The problem is the CPU runs constantly at 100% due to the following 3 services:

- Windows Installer

- .NET Runtime Optimization Service (32 bit) - C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe

- Microsoft Common Language Runtime native compiler - C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscorsvw.exe

Running "ngen executeQueuedItems" produces  a ton of errors.

How can I disable this dis-service (this is really driving me mad ...)?

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 11:32 AM

All replies

• Hi AlexPetrov1,

Thanks for your post.

I don't think your issue should due to .NET Framework installation on this forum.

But we should check it:

Use this tool to verify: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

Then for mscorsvw.exe, you may try this page:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/davidnotario/archive/2005/04/27/412838.aspx

It may helps on your issue.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:54 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Barry.

What obviously is happening is that the ngen is failing for some reason. So it get constantly re-run. I really HATE the arrogance of the managers and developers who did this:

How do I make mscorsvw.exe go away?

I don't want to wait until my computer is idle, compile everything now!!!

ngen.exe executequeueditems

will process all pending work. Once this is done, the service will shutdown, as it has nothing else to do.

I WANT TO DISABLE YOUR BUGGY CODE!

Everything MS does nowadays is so bad. I guess I'll have to spend another 5 hours reinstalling this server (and hope it works this time ...). No big deal, just made me realize it's time to leave the sinking ship and start working on a RedHat certification.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 12:05 PM