none
Insert timeouts / merge process unable to create a new generation at subscriber RRS feed

• Question

• We have a publisher database at head office (which nobody updates) and subscriber databases at four sites. All sites other than head office are working perfectly.

At head office, any insert statement (on any table) in the subscriber database times out. In addition, the subscriber database is failing to synchronise. Looking at the logs, I get the following error:

"Merge Subsystem: agent LAU-SQL2005-PRImate_Publisher-PRImate_Publisher_Tab-lau-sql2005-120 failed.
       "The merge process was unable to create a new generation at the 'Subscriber'."

The syncronisation just seems to keep timing out. In between the above error message I get
        "Thread id 7512 will wait for 10 second(s) before retrying the query on Subscriber 'lau-sql2005'."

Data changes are happily synchronising between other offices and the publisher database.
    All databases are in 'Simple' recovery mode. The transaction log doesn't seem to be full. Rebooting the server which hosts both the publisher database and the local subscriber database has had no effect.

At this point, I still don't know if replication is the cause of the problem, or just another sympton of something else.

Any ideas?

• Edited by Tassieboy Tuesday, March 16, 2010 1:20 AM still making text big enough to read
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 1:17 AM

Answers