Developer License

Question

• I have recently gotten interested in building Windows Store apps so what I did was I signed up for a developer license online. Everything went well until I actually started to build Windows Store applications. I was prompted to sign up for a developer license. Already having one, I just filled in my Microsoft account details. When I log in however, I keep receiving the following error: 0xC03F1014 with the description, "We couldn't get your developer license for Windows 8.1".

What I want to know is:

• Is this a server issue? (Temporary)
    • Do I have to re-install Windows?
    • Can this be fixed?

From searching for hours and trying out every single solution except a reinstall, is there any way that I can actually build and publish Windows Store apps? I'd appreciate if anybody knows a fix.

Thanks.

Thursday, January 2, 2014 4:20 PM

Answers

• The problem acquiring the developer license is probably a registry issue. Unfortunately this isn't something we can diagnose and fix in the forums, so you'll need to open a open a support case. It sounds like you talked to the non-technical developer support team last night. Here are the steps to open a case with the technical developer support team:

1. Visit the URL: http://aka.ms/storesupport with your developer account. You may have support incidents already included in your account  
    2. In the "App development" section find the link called "Developer Tools"

3. Click that link and then it will ask you to choose the support type. To reach the correct support team choose the following:  
      Problem Type: “Technical support for Windows Store and Windows Phone app development” 
      Category: “appropriate category" 
      Once you do that, there should be an option that lets you “Request a call”/     “Start Email”

Charges will be refunded for cases like this which are rooted in a Microsoft bug.

--Rob

Thursday, January 2, 2014 4:35 PM