none
My New Access Document context menu option is gone - how to get back RRS feed

• Question

• I just updated my Office 365 (PlusPlus) to version 2016.

Now I can't create a new Access file by right clicking in the File Explorer - its missing.

I tried the simple Registry hack of adding a ShellNew key, but no joy.

Anyone know hot to get it back?

Thanks,

Brad

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 9:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Brad,

It seems that there some registry information was corrupted when the updating Office. Please try to repair/reinstall the Office to see whether this issue was fixed.

In addition, this forum is for developers discussing developing issues involve Access, if you still have the problem on the end-user, I suggest that you reopen a new thread in Office forum on Microsoft Community.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

And if you have any problem about Access developing, please feel free to ask here.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 31, 2016 11:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Brad,

It seems that there some registry information was corrupted when the updating Office. Please try to repair/reinstall the Office to see whether this issue was fixed.

In addition, this forum is for developers discussing developing issues involve Access, if you still have the problem on the end-user, I suggest that you reopen a new thread in Office forum on Microsoft Community.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

And if you have any problem about Access developing, please feel free to ask here.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, March 31, 2016 11:56 AM
  • I can confirm the context menu for Office 365 - 2016 is working in Windows 7. Please follow Fei's advice.

Best regards, George

Thursday, March 31, 2016 12:43 PM
  • I have already uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times to fix a OneDrive for Business login problem.

- Brad

Thursday, April 7, 2016 5:03 PM
  • Hi Brad,

Was the original issue was fixed? 

>>I have already uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times to fix a OneDrive for Business login problem

And did you mean login in the OneDrive for business in web browser? If I understood correctly, please reopen a new thread in OneDrive for business relative forum.

Regards & fei

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 8:31 AM