How to install the application on windows mobile RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

It is a non technical quetion

i have created an application and cab file for that, kept in the server to download. and i want make it reached to the customer.

my boss asked to check any other possibility(other than sms)

Any sugg please

Regards
    Mahesh 
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 9:20 AM

Answers

• Sounds like any means of communication will potentially word (email, phone call, so on). If you are looking for an automated means of distribution then your best option would be to add some type of automatic update feature to your application. Doing so would not solve your immediat problem of getting the application pushed out to the user, but it would reduce the effort needed to push out future updates.
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Friday, January 22, 2010 6:45 AM
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 3:12 PM
  • Another option would be putting your application to Windows Marketplace for Mobile (just like iPhone Store). It requires that you pass the certification and pay some fee. You can find more information in the following forum:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/mktplace/threads 

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 7:04 AM

All replies

• Hi i think above quetion is not clear, sry for the negligence,

Actually i created the application for windows mobile 6.1 and created the cab file.

I have placed the cab in the server to be downloaded by the user.

How can i provide this link to the user(other than providing the link thourgh sms)

Regards
    Mahesh

Saturday, January 16, 2010 11:31 AM
  • Sounds like any means of communication will potentially word (email, phone call, so on). If you are looking for an automated means of distribution then your best option would be to add some type of automatic update feature to your application. Doing so would not solve your immediat problem of getting the application pushed out to the user, but it would reduce the effort needed to push out future updates.
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 3:12 PM
  • Another option would be putting your application to Windows Marketplace for Mobile (just like iPhone Store). It requires that you pass the certification and pay some fee. You can find more information in the following forum:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/mktplace/threads 

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 7:04 AM