none
MS Visio Connection to azure SQL DB using Active Directory - Integrated RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to use Microsoft Visio with data hosted on a Azure SQL Server and the connection should be done using the Active Directory - Integrated   option. When trying to connect to SQL Server in Visio only I get the options of Windows Authentication or with User Name and Password. both options don't work. Is there any solution?

Thanks!

Ezequiel

Thursday, July 11, 2019 8:39 PM

All replies

• Username and Password should work for Azure SQL but username/password should be created first on the SQL server.  Are you getting error message using username and password ?
    Friday, July 12, 2019 12:07 AM
  • Correct. I'm getting the error indicating that the server does not allow that type of login. I can login with no issues via SQL Server Management Studio selecting the "Active Directory Integrated Authentication" under the Authentication option.

Thanks for any suggestion

Ezequiel

Friday, July 12, 2019 6:05 AM
  • No you cannot connect with Azure Server using Active Directory Integrated authentication from Visio. You need to use SQL authentication and by providing the username and password for the connection.  I am able to connect using the same.
    Tuesday, July 16, 2019 10:40 PM