The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Active Directory!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

MS Visio Connection to azure SQL DB using Active Directory - Integrated RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to use Microsoft Visio with data hosted on a Azure SQL Server and the connection should be done using the Active Directory - Integrated   option. When trying to connect to SQL Server in Visio only I get the options of Windows Authentication or with User Name and Password. both options don't work. Is there any solution?

Thanks!

Ezequiel

Thursday, July 11, 2019 8:39 PM

All replies

• Username and Password should work for Azure SQL but username/password should be created first on the SQL server.  Are you getting error message using username and password ?
    Friday, July 12, 2019 12:07 AM
  • Correct. I'm getting the error indicating that the server does not allow that type of login. I can login with no issues via SQL Server Management Studio selecting the "Active Directory Integrated Authentication" under the Authentication option.

Thanks for any suggestion

Ezequiel

Friday, July 12, 2019 6:05 AM
  • No you cannot connect with Azure Server using Active Directory Integrated authentication from Visio. You need to use SQL authentication and by providing the username and password for the connection.  I am able to connect using the same.
    Tuesday, July 16, 2019 10:40 PM
  • I'm following up on this, please remember to mark one of the responses as answer if your question has been answered. If not please let us know if there are anymore questions. Thanks
    Friday, July 26, 2019 10:45 PM