none
WINCE7 can not display mouse cursor when press touchpanel RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

in VS2008, I already choose mouse catalog item(SYSGEN_CURSOR=1); but there is no mouse cursor when press touchpanel;

if I connect USB mouse with WINCE7 OS, there will be mouse cursor and work well.

I remember in WINCE5 and WINCE6, if enable SYSGEN_CURSOR=1, the mouse cursor will display when all press touchpanel and use usb mouse.

could you please help me check this issue?

Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Tony,

I think this is not an "issue" because it is "mouse cursor" and hence it should display the cursor only if mouse is attached.

Cursor need not be displayed as a response to "touch".

It is normal behavior.

With regards,

Keshava G N.

Keshava G N ( keshavagn@iwavesystems.com ), Member - Technical, iWave Systems ( http://iwavesystems.com )

• Edited by Keshava GN Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:41 PM
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:40 PM
  • You would have to inspect the relevant driver code, but it could be that when touch is enabled and no mouse is plugged in, that either the touch driver or the display driver suppress the cursor entirely.
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 2:36 PM
  • No. The display driver controls whether the cursor is displayed or not (in most cases). A good, well-written display driver will check for connected mouse or at least SYSGEN_CURSOR to decide cursor display, but many do not. The vendor assumed a touch screen and no mouse so didn't bother with cursors.

I modified several to look for a particular IClass value and modified my mouse drivers to set such a value to make the cursor display only if a mouse is present. On my devices, touch moved the mouse cursor and the mouse did the same if mouse present. If no mouse, no cursor and touch didn't show any cursor.

Paul T.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 2:51 PM
  • Paul, GWES also makes some decisions about whether the cursor should be displayed.   I haven't looked at the code lately, but it makes decisisons based on environment variables and the input source (touch vs mouse).  As I recall, the results would actually be the opposite of what Tony reports for CE 6.0, on touch the cursor would be removed and when a mouse is used the cursor comes back.

Depending on the touch implementation, the results may vary.  I say that because I have been seeing several touch implementations that are really mouse drivers - not a touch driver loaded by GWES.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com

Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:19 PM
  • Dear Keshava G N,

You are right. this is normal and not issue.

Now My product is industry control. My customers always use WINCE4.2, WINCE5, WINCE6. So my customers like cursor display all the time no matter touch panel operation or usb mouse connect.

I hope cursor can display all the time when WINCE7 OS run.

Friday, March 22, 2013 1:00 AM
  • Dear I_hart_software,

could you please give me some code clue or suggestion to inspect which part relevant driver code?

I already double review my touch driver and display driver, there is no part code which suppress the cursor .

I think maybe there is WINCE7 OS kernel(maybe be publice folder code) to suppress the cursor.

Friday, March 22, 2013 1:03 AM
  • Dear Paul,

as you below replay guide, could you please tell me the exact souce code file of your modified? please tell me your modified in detail?

==============================================================================

I modified several to look for a particular IClass value and modified my mouse drivers to set such a value to make the cursor display only if a mouse is present. On my devices, touch moved the mouse cursor and the mouse did the same if mouse present. If no mouse, no cursor and touch didn't show any cursor.

==============================================================================

Friday, March 22, 2013 1:05 AM
  • Dear Bruce,

could you please give me some clude how to modifiy the code to display cursor all the time in wince 7 os?

Friday, March 22, 2013 1:11 AM
  • Hi Tony,

Refer this link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee506127.aspx

With regards,

Keshava

Keshava G N ( keshavagn@iwavesystems.com ), Member - Technical, iWave Systems ( http://iwavesystems.com )

Friday, March 22, 2013 4:46 AM
  • Hi Keshava, you mean I should call ShowCursor(TRUE) function in my touchpanel driver, right? Thank you and Best regards, Tony
    Friday, March 22, 2013 2:05 PM
  • Hi Tony,

>>you mean I should call ShowCursor(TRUE) function in my touchpanel driver, right?

I'm not sure. :(

Just analyse that (ie: ShowCursor) function (it is in Public i think) and use it accordingly.

With regards,

Keshava G N

Friday, March 22, 2013 2:12 PM
  • Dear Keshava G N,

as you guide, I use ShowCursor(TRUE) , but the cursor can not display in wince7.

could you please help me check ShowCursor(TRUE) function in your side wince7 os?

Thank you and Best regards.

Monday, March 25, 2013 3:32 AM