none
Publish WebApp to Azure Marketplace (no VM) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been trying to publish a WebApp + SQLDatabase + DataFactory instance to Azure Marketplace. I have already published one using a VM, it was pretty simple. But I cannot find the way to publish a WebApp.

I already have the application working on Azure. The topology template is ok. But when I test the topology creation, everything: the AppService and the Database are created empty, of course. 

What is the way to push code to a newly created AppService from Marketplace? and what alternatives I have to pre fill the database when someone purchases the Application from the Azure Marketplace?

Thanks

Miguel 

Thursday, June 22, 2017 12:05 AM

All replies

• From your description it appears you've created an app already. If so, then the next step is to review the app listing criteria and then head over to AppSource to submit your app to be listed. If not, it would help if you can clarify the requirement a bit more in detail.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Proposed as answer by Md Shihab Thursday, June 22, 2017 11:17 AM
    Thursday, June 22, 2017 6:56 AM
  • Thanks for the answer.

I do have an application working on Azure. My resource group contains an AppService, an Azure SQL Database and a Data Factory instance. I have "demo" data in a database I would like to use when customers try/buy the application online.

So I understand I can't use Azure Marketplace. Does my company profile (which is already approved in Marketplace) work for AppSource? I started with the documentation and it seems I can only publish AppServices. 

Can I publish the application with AzureSQL and Data Factory? I'm assuming this is similar to Azure Marketplace, that it creates the instances in the customer's Azure account.

As I mentioned, I have the topology I was asked for in Marketplace. Although the resources are created empty. If AppSource lets me create a SQLDatabase, can it be created with "demo" data?

Thanks!

Miguel 

Thursday, June 22, 2017 3:49 PM
  • I just realized that, for example, WORDPRESS is in the marketplace. 

And this creates an AppService and a MySQL Azure Database.

I want to do exactly that with my application.

Where can I find information? Where can I begin?

Regards

Miguel

Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:40 PM
  • You can start off by referring to this blog for on-boarding to App Service if all you want is a Web App with Database (MySQL and/or SQL DB).

However, if you want to use Azure Data Factory as well then note that this scenario is currently not supported.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Proposed as answer by Md Shihab Thursday, July 6, 2017 7:30 AM
    Thursday, July 6, 2017 7:24 AM