Store information RRS feed

• Question

• is there a way i can store inputed data in a text file using small basic seperated by commas so i can get the information already inputed when i run the program later
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 6:14 PM

Answers

• As WhTurner33 has mentioned, use File.Append() to keep saving at the end of a file w/o deleting previous content.

You can add a comma at the end of each data before sending it to File.Append()!

Another possibility, and my opinion better, would be to save a whole database array to a file using File.WriteContents().

You load whole content back to a program's array using File.ReadContents().

Click on "Propose As Answer" if some post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if some post has been useful to you! (^_^)

• Edited by GoToLoopEditor Wednesday, December 5, 2012 6:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by question232 Wednesday, December 5, 2012 10:24 PM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 6:44 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• See the possibilities of the File.Append command.

Jan [ WhTurner ] The Netherlands

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 6:32 PM
    Answerer
  • As WhTurner33 has mentioned, use File.Append() to keep saving at the end of a file w/o deleting previous content.

You can add a comma at the end of each data before sending it to File.Append()!

Another possibility, and my opinion better, would be to save a whole database array to a file using File.WriteContents().

You load whole content back to a program's array using File.ReadContents().

Click on "Propose As Answer" if some post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if some post has been useful to you! (^_^)

• Edited by GoToLoopEditor Wednesday, December 5, 2012 6:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by question232 Wednesday, December 5, 2012 10:24 PM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 6:44 PM
    Answerer